got warrior...what mods ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journey1381

Reaction score
i just picked up a 02 warrior all stock... except for a rear skid plate.. what should be the mandatory mods to make this a good running /trail machine?

6 ply tires all around. keep the swingarm skid and get belly and a-arm skids, especially if you run trails that are rocky or have stumps. a good rock can come up through your frame and smash your cases, resulting in you spending a large amount of money to get new ones. also, if you run in places that are dusty, get the clamp on k&n filter kit. this will keep a lot of dust and dirt out of your carb. nerf bars are also a good idea to help protect your feet from rocks and stumps. if you ride trails like i do (chadwick, MO) then these can save your feet many times and are well worth it. thats all i can think of for now. basically anything that will protect your engine, frame, and you from rocks and stumps is good for trail riding. hope this helps. later

word on that redneck. i personally recommend pro tapers. the se bars (7/8) are good and so are the oversize (1 1/8). ive had both and currently have the oversize. they are tough bastards! the se bars are a little less of a hassle since you dont have to get clamp adapters, but the oversize bars are worth it if you have the extra money

I agree with what everyone esle said, the only thing I would add would be later on get a good set of front shocks. I say later on because shocks can be pretty expensive. I bought some dual rate Works fairly cheap and they made a world of difference!

A good set of bars
sprocket change maybe down the front for better torque (OPTIONS ARE YOURS)
jetted
full skids

got spider trac rear tires and itp holeshot front tires, full frame skidplate, bought new handlebars/ grips and a k@n atv jet kit with the kn filter clamp on....and dg exhaust full... what is the best sprocket to add for a good mid and high range running?

got spider trac rear tires and itp holeshot front tires, full frame skidplate, bought new handlebars/ grips and a k@n atv jet kit with the kn filter clamp on....and dg exhaust full... what is the best sprocket to add for a good mid and high range running?

^ DO NOT get Holeshot front atrleast orginal holeshot fronts worst front tire for trails 2ply royal POs's i have gone through 2 sets of them, rip so easy and puncture like nothing horrrible for trails.

Back