Got to get carb figure out, got trip planned in Oct.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
Recap, haven't messed with it at all been really hot and haven't had time or money, but have a trip planned to little sahara in middle October so need to get this figured out.

Rundown, it ran fine till took it apart to clean and check it over, now from idle to WOT like you are dumping the clutch to peel off it stumbles and dies, I have K&N filter, exhaust I think is either a fmf or hmf supertrapp, has the disc on the back of it, which I have them off and have been and it was fine.

It has I think stock pilot and a 136? or 139 main. If I take the idle mix screw and turn it almost out to where its falling out it will rev up, so would this be a pilot of main? I think the main is too small and needs to go up, should I start with stock 150, and go from there? or up the pilot? I cleaned this thing so many times there shouldn't be anything in there at all, clean and reoiled the filter lightly. I have got to get this going, I do not want to miss out on a trip to the dunes. Plus got to get a chain and sprocket set on this sucker.

Stock main jet is a 145. I say start with a 150 or 152.5. I think the 150 will be close. The pilot shoulndnt need changed.

Ok will get a 145, 105 and a 152.5 and see what that does. Does the needle go in the middle slot think thats 3rd from top right. Will be glad to get this going been dieing to go tear up some dirt.

I pull the plug and see what color it is and I'm with 87 a 150 should be it btw what dates are you going? We are going thanksgiving and ur headed to waynoka ok right?

Yup good ole waynoka, going mid oct sometime duneracer, we go on a sun mon part of tue pending on how bad the dunes get torn up and if any wind smooths them out. Best time to go is during the week not very many if anybody even there, one time there was us and another group and that was it, was fawesome, fun+awesome!

You might have to mess with the clip. I noticed on my old 87 warrior which has the same mods as yours, i ran a 150 main, 45 pilot, and left the needle jet in the factory slot. I should have messed with the needle as there was always a slight hesitation at about 3/4 throttle. but i was to lazy to take it apart ahaha

so you say it ran fine until you took it apart to clean it, if it ran fine why tear it apart? If it ran fine before you don't need different jets, you put it back together wrong

Yea I know should have left it alone, And no I did not put it back together wrong.

Did you run a small wire through the pilot to make sure it was clear of debris? Blowing through sometimes just doesn't cut it. I have a very small piece of wire I keep in the carb box and run it through the pilot just to be sure.

I can't find a small enough wire to fit the pilot jet unless I use a strand of power wire what kind of wire you use?

A small strand of copper wire works unless something is really wedged in there. We had some tags at work that we mark and tie on parts that had the perfect size steel wire. I have used it on my Banshee stuff and on the Warrior.

Back