Got some carb questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
These carbs areweird once you get inside, not like a atv or bike carb that I have seen. I took mine off tonight to go trough it just to check it out see if its clean an all that and to do the clicker pen spring mod. I have a 136 main jet I have a K&N filter with outwears, and a hmf super trapp, this setup does fine does pop a little on decell, I don't know what the pilot is haven't found it yet, the mix screw was 2 1/2 turns out. One last thing how the hell do you get the needle jet out of the slide?

two small screws if you look down the slide, then shoudl come out, i dont know if its differnt int hat area on other years, wht year is yours.

Its a 2003 if I look down the top of the slide there is 2 torx screws but they are tamper proof it takes a speacial torx bit to get the them. There are 2 phillips screws but you really can't get to them unless the slide lever that goes to the throttle levers is out of the way.

I found it best to use those little screwdriver sets like the ones for eye glasses. And the pilot jet is in the bowl, it's in a tube by the main jet. Use a light to see it, it's brass and a flat head

So those 2 phillips screws on top the slide is where the needle jet is? Wait I do have a small flat and phillips kinda like a pocket screwdriver will try that tomorrow maybe it fit and work.

i found out that the best way to get the needle out is to just remove that whole linkage that pulls the slide up, its not hard to take apart, just when you put it back together, make sure that spring has some tension on it so the slide will return back to normal

Yea I saw that too tried messing with it but got tired and figured will try in the morning after I have me coffee and wake up some more.

Here is a pic looking down at the very top of slide where the screws are. Which ones do I take out to get the slide out? Or do I need to take out the one screw and slide the rod out with the spring? I am wanting to do this to see where the needle clip is on the needle.

IMG_20110423_130732.jpg

k dont touch the torque screws, that phillips screw that is on the shaft holding the slide it place take that off, then that shaft will slide out the side of the carb. once you do that you should be able to unhook the metal arm holding the slide assembly and it will open up them 2 phillips screws for you to take out and thats all you have to do. just make sure you note which way the slide went in becuase if you put it in backwards it wont slide up and down properly

Yea I messed with that screw a little last night and saw that shaft move but wouldn't move much it moves with the linkage and that spring was worried about but will mess with it some more. Wish this was easier to mess with like in the old 2 stroke carbs just unscrew the cap with throttle cable and out it comes.

ah yes, that little baby c clip to, forgot about that i lost mine when it popped off so had to resort to the parts carb lol

Well I got it out and its on the 3 or 4th clip from the bottom, I don't think anybody has been in this carb before from the looks of it. But it has some junk in the bowl of the accel pump spot got it cleaned out. Now gettign ready to hunt down a clicker pen spring if I can find one around here some where.

Well got it back together got my clicker spring mod done now the thing does not like to pinned WOT from idle is dies, once thing I noticed is gas spits back out the carb, though I do have my air box and filter off cleaning it, wonder if that has something to do with it.

Back