Got my NEW CDI!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad I saw this thread. I was THIS close to buying an RM Stator CDI for my 2000 warrior. My OEM cdi makes the bike stall while at idle after about 15 minutes of riding. It always starts back up after stalling I just have to keep the throttle open a bit, otherwise it will sputter and die.

Make sure its not your stator, use a voltmeter to test it before buying a CDI. And personally i would stay away from RMSTATOR well unless u like rev limiters haha

What is the best process for testing a 2000 warrior stator? the manuals floating around the net have false information according to a rep at Ricky Stator. I get 300 ohms from the source coil and 496 from the pickup. according to the manual my pickup is giving a bad reading but according to Ricky Stator that is the normal resistance. Must i also measure volts??? and how would i do that?

I never tested it after it was already hot. I didnt know it was possible to get different readings and now that the bike is in pieces waiting for new parts, I guess I'll have to wait til it's back together to check. Does anyone have a Clymer or Haynes manual with the correct resistance for a '00 warrior?

That is the manual I have but it says 171-209 ohms for the pickup coil. Why is Ricky stator telling me that 496 is normal and that the manual is wrong? Someone with a retail service manual would be of great assistance here...

according to yamaha, on a '99 at least, there are 2 available pulse coils, a 200ohm and a 500ohm. not sure why.

mike75925 that is very interesting. If anyone has any info about that please let us know.

Back