Good snow/Bad results

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
So i finally got to fixiing A-ARM / stem break, this after towing/carrying riding her from 5 miles deep in da woods
IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

broken parts....................
IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

So here's my dilemma I think i got or can get b-joints, but no stem yet, i wanna ice race this sunday, do you guys think i can straighten this stem enuff???? I have my ideas but give me ur thoughts :tup:

use a torch and hammer it out see what y got. my friend did it to his big bear and he never had a problem with it, he also was not racing it lol

yeah you should be able to straighten it out heat that fucker up and stick in a vice then you'll have the stem for leverage

and I have an extra set of tie rods if you just want the end of 1

im hunting ends now, $40 a pc @ dealer, $12 on e-bay,(i need inner and outer) my friends looking in his garage now for some.
trying to find a torch set now also, im afraid to use stem for leverage cause of bending issues, was thinking pipe wrench on just the knuckle. I have acetlelyne but not a cutting torch, mapp gas also.......dont think they,ll be hot enuff thou...............thoughts???? is it tough ****?

well I have all 4 ends and you might not be able to get it hot enough but if you can get it to start to turn orange it should be good enough for a try

finally found cutting torch!!!!

before............
IMG_4250.jpg

after............
IMG_4271_zps7e826952.jpg

b4

IMG_4249.jpg

after......
IMG_4272_zps5e6a620c.jpg

other battle scares from the tow home, i think it'll b ok, its in a good spot due to the shock supports being welded in rite there, what ya'll think........good to go???
IMG_4283_zps87cd325f.jpg

IMG_4282_zpsb89f5ceb.jpg

Last edited:
Back