Good Price? Dirt bike.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YFM2014

Reaction score
Should I jump on this? Guy says its mint and says he has ~2k parts invested... Pro taper bars, pro action suspension, fmf dual exhaust, triple clamps, sticker kit, gripper seat, tires, sprockets... sounds about right. I offered him 2,000 but he turned me down... probly since he just posted it.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/2308349127.html

yeah thats a pretty good deal, they normally go fro a round 3-3500 here. but it looks as if its been chick ridden so your gunna have to replace the clutch and those graphics
studmuffinplz.png

but it looks as if its been chick ridden so your gunna have to replace the clutch and those graphics
studmuffinplz.png
Lol. I think I might go check it out and if its as good as the guy says it is offer him 2100/2200 cause all I've got is 1700 and I dont wana borrow 900 from my dad :\

Last edited:
only problem is, when those things break realize there pricey to fix.

egh, get a crf 250, 2 stroke. You can get those for $1700 all day.

An 06? And I'm pretty inexperienced on dirt bikes so I'm thinkin about gettin this 04 yz 125 instead listed price 1100 "Pro Circuit exhaust, Renthal handlebars, Vortex front and rear sprockets, just put in a brand new head and piston in." @ http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/2308653881.html.

That way I wont have to borrow any money and I'll have some extra cash just incase... ; )

yeah a yz or cr 125 would be a good bike, there alot cheaper to rebuild, and a twostroke 250 is alot of bike for someone new to bikes

Yea I'm thinkin Id be able to handle the 125 a lot better cause theyre lighter plus when I dump it in corners Ill be able to pick it up easier : P. Only thing is im 250 lbs 6 ft 2 but I think the 125'd be enough for me til I get good with bikes then maybe itll be time for a 250

Last edited:
if you have no exp with a dirtbike do not get a 250 2smoke. they are death machines in the wrong hands.

I'd find a 250 2 stroke myself if I were you or a 450 4 stroke. Yeah they are faster and a little heavier but after 6 months of riding a smaller bike you are going to want more then you you'll need to find another bike. Heck find an older 250 mine is a 79 cr250 I was told by the local shop it will run with the newer 125s and size wise it fits my well.

if your 250 id say go fro the 250, but what type of terrain do you ride? and in most cases the 125 isnt really much smaller or lighter then a 250, its commanly an inch or two and maybe 5- 10 lbs

I'd find a 250 2 stroke myself if I were you or a 450 4 stroke. Yeah they are faster and a little heavier but after 6 months of riding a smaller bike you are going to want more then you you'll need to find another bike. Heck find an older 250 mine is a 79 cr250 I was told by the local shop it will run with the newer 125s and size wise it fits my well.
Well I think at 1100 I could get it for like 1000 at the most maybe less and ride it til Im comfortable with it then I could probly get that much out of it reselling it or maybe even more depending on how low the guy'll go. Im pretty sure 125's around here like this (04 top end redone with aftermarkets) would go for like 1500 or at least this much. Dont think the price'd change too much within 6 months. And thanks for lookin around on CL for me :)

if your 250 id say go fro the 250, but what type of terrain do you ride? and in most cases the 125 isnt really much smaller or lighter then a 250, its commanly an inch or two and maybe 5- 10 lbs
Mainly dirt/sand. I really just like the price on the 125. Im gonna go check it out and if its all good Ima offer like 8 or 900 for it and if the guy says no to that then I think he'd take 1000 on the spot. Plus I've ridden a friends 250 before and was kinda scared to get on it in the corners.

I had an older yz 80 that was freshly gone through and was mint about probably 5 years ago or more but I never got used cornering bikes and such I would just punch it down the straight aways and put-put-it through the corners so idk a 250 might be too much for me to start with

If I could find a nice priced 250 within my price range I'd probly go for it instead but I think I could buy this one ride it and get used it then sell it for as much as I'd get it for if not more.
I KBB'd it: trade in=~1100 and Retail=1675. But thats bone stock no aftermarket

if you ride mostly trails and such th e 125 will be fine, just if you went in the dunes it would be nice to have the 250

I'd like to go sometime but I've never been to the dunes. I just ride around my neighborhood usually and jump some ramps sometimes

125 should be fine, might need to get a heavier spring for the rear though

@ #250, you're gonna need to keep the 125 wound up all the time. Should be fine to start with, but you you'll end up using /abusing the clutch depending on where you ride it.
I weigh about that myself and recently sold my mint '86 RM125 for $600. It was my 37th bike i've owned. Yes, the stock rear spring was waaaay too soft and I really had to keep the throttle pinned and work the left foot to make me smile.

Maybe consider a not-so-hard-hitting XR250 or DR250? Or in a 2 stroke, a KDX200/220/250 is an awesome choice.
These are much more fun for a casual rider.
You should be able to find 'em for a grand all day long in decent shape.

Last edited:
I'm with M.A. here.

I'd look for a KDX 200(IMO, the best KDX's out there).
They are DAMN good bikes, with tons of support and aftermarket support.

I just sold my KDX 200 a couple months ago. They are kickstart only, but since they are 2-strokes, it's not a real issue. Plus they are dual-sports, so you have the option to legally ride on the roads.

You could Normally find a used KDX for under $1500.

Back