good,inexpensive upgrade=banshee shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have bottomed them out, but not nearly as much as the stockers (although when i got the shocks i flipped the front wheels equalling more leverage). lets face it, the warrior is a fat heavy pig and not the best jumper. if i wanted to rebuild the entire quad i would have went with elkas or works at the least. i bet the works are 10 times better than the banshee shocks. i was in the market for a cheap, quick, temporary upgrade until i decide what to do with this warrior, so the banhee shocks were perfect for me. if you intend on keeping the machine for the forseeable future i would get works, they arent even that expensive. the biggest gain i noticed with the shee shocks was soaking up the bumps in the trails.

would they be a good upgrade for an 06' 350 raptor? or is the front suspension an upgrade from the warrior?

the raptor 350 has better front shocks than the warrior, even with the banshee shocks on my warrior i still prefer the way my brothers stock raptor 350 jumps and lands. i would stay with the stock unless you go with works shocks or something comparable.

the biggest gain i noticed with the shee shocks was soaking up the bumps in the trails.

I agree completely.
Guys, If you're going to ride super hard or race, do yourself a favor and get some quality aftermarket shocks. It'll pay off in the long run. I'm just a beat around trail rider so I can't justify spending the extra dough on equipment I'll never ride hard enough to tell.
I can say, for $54, the Banshee shocks was one of the best bang for the buck things I could do for my Warrior. Even at double the money I would be more than happy.
P.S. Anyone want to buy a good pair of used Warrior front shocks? ;D

ya but if ya hit nice big jump do they still bottom out? i have to set my stock warrior shocks all the way up just so they wont bottom just on a 5-6 footer.
damn that sucks..i have a 30 ft tabletop/double and i dont bottom on that

Back