good,inexpensive upgrade=banshee shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
i just got them today and put them on and man what a difference. the softest setting is way too soft for jumping, i have it in the middle and its great. i definately recommend them if you are cheap like myself and dont want to spend the money on works or elkas. ill get some pics up in a few weeks when i get the 660r rear shock on. i also took all the trim off the front fenders and cut them clean for a little custon look. not the best if you want to stay clean, but i never seem to stay clean anyways so what the ****. i bought the quad a year and a half ago and its turning into an obsession. new hobby for life. the house has to wait.

Hi bro! Whats the difference between banshee and Warrior/Raptor 350 shocks? ???

Front shocks really shouldn't be any difference. They're both non adjustable shocks (well, preload only) with dual rate springs. I don't see how they're any better? Rear shock is a lot nicer on the Banshee though....

i dont know the technicalities when it comes to the difference, but i will tell you that i noticed the banshee shocks are much softer than the warrior, and the banshee shocks have more travel it seems. the springs on the banshee shocks are bigger(more coils) and they seem alot softer on comparable settings. i had the warrior shocks on the softest setting and they still bite,and when i got the banshee shocks i tried them on the softest setting and it was WAY too soft. i now have them in the middle and it is great. if i had the warrior shocks on the middle setting they were so stiff it wasnt even funny. all i know is that the banshee shocks feel alot better, and now i have the raptor 660 rear shock on and that also makes a noticable difference, cant wait to jump it.

Ahhh....forgot that Warrior shocks are single rate. The Banshee shocks are dual rate, so that may be the difference.

The springs on the Banshee shocks are Dual rate and longer then both the Warrior (single rate) and Raptor 350 (which are dual rate), the overall length of the shock is the same as a Warrior and rappy 350 but offer an inch more wheel travel as the shock cartridge is shorter. I had them on mine a while back and do recommend them too, they eliminate that nasty harsh ride the Warrior was know for, and are softer. However they will bottom out on jumps just as easy as a stock Warrior shock.

i put the banshee shocks on mine as well
set them at the stiffest preload
way way better
warrior shocks were set at softest and they were useless
i don't know if it is the spring rate or if they are valved diferently
they do seem to have more travel,but that could be that the warrior shock has **** for compression being so stiff
awsome improvement 4 cheap money!

buddy even noticed that u ride even harder / faster in the trails with them

Banshee : Independent Double Wishbone, 9.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment

Warrior : Independent Double Wishbone, 7.9" w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment

Theyre both single rated too

They're not both single rate. The Banshee is dual rate. Just look at the pic above and you can see it, definatly dual rate springs up front.

I have a set that I have toyed with selling, let me know if anyone is interested and I will try to get pics this weekend.

I just picked up a set off of ebay for $54 off of an '01 Banshee. Rides and handles much better. Definately worth the dough IMO.

ya but if ya hit nice big jump do they still bottom out? i have to set my stock warrior shocks all the way up just so they wont bottom just on a 5-6 footer.

Back