Good Grab Bar

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
::)Hey guys. I'm looking for a good Grab Bar. I want something stout enough that when I mess up a wheelie and it hits the ground it doesn't get annihilated.
Just got a Cobra Atv bar.. I know I'm prolly gonna get ragged for it, but anyway.. it tapped soft dirt the other day (like you can see footprints in it) and the thing just bent up against the rear end. I stood on it and jump on it to get it bent back down.. last time it didn't bend that far.. but it did bend some more..

It is a FAT series with the 1" or 1 1/4" tube.. but the aluminum flange that bolts to the frame is what bends.

Who makes a wheelie bar that can hold up to the occasional touch to the ground.
Not slamming the thing down either.. just scraping before I hit the brakes.

I see guys stand their quads up on the wheelie bars and ride it for distance.. on pavement no less. and mine can't stand up to some soft dirt.. imagine if I had hit a rock.

PRM makes some real good ones and ive also had good luck with the DG fat series

Ive seen some grab bars that dont bend but bent the grab bar mounts on the frame, I really like my PRM stuff but I wouldnt hit them too hard cause they dont look like they will bend which could damage the frame.

yea its a good point if the grab bar is good wont it bend the mounts? not a issue for me since the guy b4 me ripped the mounts clean off so i had to make steel ones and tig weld it on lol

you can make a nice steel one out of 1 in. tubing that would do the trick easy to make to..

I'm going to look through the "supply" (pile) of scrap roll steel at the shop today. I'd like to come up with about 1" or so to make it out of.
I saw the prm bars, but it said they where aluminum.. which is a turn off after my last experience with it.

I like the design that one guy was doing. I just don't like how thin you have to make the frame mount.
I'm gonna try and find some 1/4" (or better) steel to make the frame mounts on mine.
I'll keep you guys informed.. thanks for the posts

Problem solved for now..
The Cobra bar that I bought a few weeks ago is hollow. It also lined up with the open tubes of my frame..
So I took off the Cobra and used some solid steel (galvanized coating) and put inside the aluminum tubing.
I left a few inches of steel sticking out the end of the grab bar to go inside the frame, then bolted it back into place.

Tested it yesterday by over riding a wheelie, it ate dirt and didn't even budge.

This afternoon it touched in a 2nd gear wheelie that went to far. Smally dings in teh aluminum.. but the steel rods are still as straight as ever..

I'm also working on a desgin for a custom one for later.. but I wanted it back together for the riding this weekend.
Thanks again guys

Back