Gona build me a 445

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackyfm350r

Reaction score
I just order me some parts to make a 445cc out of my raptor.A custum 89mm piston from CP(for hotrods stroker) and the 410/460 sleeve from CWR .I'm not going to do the rebild befor this fall.

Nice, those are basically the same specs as a 440EX, because the hotrods crank is 71.5 mm stroke. I'll have more torque then you but you'll have more topend.

When I get it I gona do some testing whit difrent cams. I have four drifent to chose from now.Stock,Powroll midt rang,Web 390 and 430.
And se if it posible to remove the reversgear shaft from the gearbox.Less weigt to move around.

In order to remove the reverse shift drum and the counter axle, you'll have to have the output axle gears welded in the locked forward position.

Picture102-1.jpg

You can remove the following #1, and #2, #3 is were the gear would need to be welded in the forward position. Then you need to cover up the hold left by the reverse shift drum. You will save a few pounds though.

for cams i think that the web 390 will be the best..personally i think the 430 is to big..
For mx I was thinking of the 390 but for flat track and supermotard I think he 430 cam will work fine.

In my opinion the .390 is to small for that motor. I'd go with the powroll .430.
Gona do some testing and see what works best.I'm not saticfied with the powroll now.Thats way I have the web cams.Havent had the chanc to tray the webs yet with the hot rods kit.

[quote:7lhk6ov1]In my opinion the .390 is to small for that motor. I'd go with the powroll .430.
Gona do some testing and see what works best.I'm not saticfied with the powroll now.Thats way I have the web cams.Havent had the chanc to tray the webs yet with the hot rods kit.
[/quote:7lhk6ov1]

What type of riding are you doing and where do you want HP? The powroll is more of an high RPM cam.

97: I don't have anny money for you ;)
jassop: I ride some mx and some supermoterd. For supermotard the cam works fine but for mx it's a litle too happy in high revs.
I have taked with a freind of my that is a enginebuilder.And he sugested that I try to rebuild the engine with this setup and we will try with the diffrents cams to see what wil work best.

why before the fall? why dont you wait till winter when you wont be riding?

Sorry a litelel error in in my first post.I gona do it this fall.Maybe in September. I ride in the winter it's so much fun to ride on snow and ice.
First post is changed.

Back