Getting HOT VERY Fast!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
Just finished my top end rebuild, she starts, runs, and idles great but gets hot very quickly. My jetting is stock pilot with a 147.5 main. DG head pipe and rcm2 exhaust. Stock air filter. Any ideas?

Stock air filter? Bike was just rebuilt? - it needs to break in. New metal on metal. Creating heat IMO. After Your first tank of 93 octane you should change oil & filter. You will see metal in there. That's is normal

Also don't let it just sit there and idle. Its an air cooled machine.

Thanks for the reply, i had problems with heat with the other 4 i built. Idk im thinkin i need to up my pilot jet. Havent even riden it yet because i dont want to over heat it. It get very hot within 30 seconds to a minute.

Downstate in Rockland county. You way up north from me. Your right- 30 secs to a min crazy to be super hot. How hot? Like you can't touch the clutch cover with out burning your self after a min? That's not right if that's the case.

Like he said^^^^^^^^^ and did you try to turn mixture screw out. Where is that set at

Its getting oil to thw head i checked it throght the sight screw. The mixture screw is set to about two turns out.

Back