Getting an Old Warrior Running.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any ideas where I can get some replacement studs for the exhaust? The two that came off the header where meets the head are trashed.

When I did mine; high temp paint worked good on the head; but it didnt last on the exhaust... Gonna wrap mine in the future...Hopefully you have a better experience.

well i got the bike started again but still having problems with the choke having to be on for it to run.

the bike runs for like a second with the choke off and the little adjustment screw for air fuel turned all the way out and it stalls. soooo i guess that means i need that bigger jet. damn.

UPDATE: Got it running and idling on its on WITHOUT choke!!! Woo. I put a 45 Pilot in and a 150 Main. For some reason tho it breaks up when i give it a little bit of gas now? When I say a little I mean right between idle and half throttle.

It got slightly better when I backed out the A/F screw ALL THE WAY OUT...?? Do I need to get a BIGGER Pilot??? The only thing the ATV has is a K&N drop in filter, still uses the stock airbox and stock airbox cover.

Should I maybe check valves tomorrow when it sits and cools?

Idle---Good
Light Throttle, Cruising---- Break Up
WOT---Good

UPDATE: Took the carb apart again and lowered the needle jet down one notch and it improved it. Will report back tomorrow once I am able to ride it.

UPDATE: Took it for a spin, the half throttle the quad wants to sputter and die but everything else is good. Would the be lean or rich? Also that is the needle jet right?

Back