Getting an Old Warrior Running.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
So i havent been on this forum in years since I have sold my old warrior. I have since acquired a new to me that is not currently running.

The person that owned it before says it has been sitting for 3 years, which i believe since there were spiders everything on the damn thing.

I have tried to test for spark but the thing turns over very slowly, kinda like something is holding it back? The battery is new and sat on a charger overnight so that cant be the problem.

What should i check for?

I havery an 03 kinda the same thing with not really getting spark and I changed the pick up coil and the starter switch and it runs beautifully now

Usually if the one way starter gear is bad, the starter will spin without turning the motor over.

Well the verdict was..... the top end was siezed up lol. I put some oil in the spark plug hole and turned it over a few times without a plug in it and it freed it right up!

Went to get some fresh oil, gas, and a new filter and came back and it fired right up... smoked for a min then it cleared up!

I got to clean the carb tho cause the quad only runs with the choke on full.. so... i guess that means a dirty carb.

Sweet!

Clean the carb and it'll be good to go. Glad to here you got it running.

Cleaned the carb and still can only run the quad with the choke on. I can now however push the choke half way in but i cannot give it any throttle and also every 4-5 seconds or so the quad sort of "coughs" or sneezes?

Whats your air/fuel mixture screw set at? and what size jets are in there?

Stock jets and 2 turns out. I just realized the carb boot is torn and there was an o ring missing. Bought a new one will report back Tuesday when it is here supposedly.

It has a k&n drop in that doesn't fit snuggly at all but I'll thinking going up a size for the pilot and main.

Hopefully the carb boot fixes the issue. I have a drop in style k&n filter like yours, with stock exhaust, and I am jetted up one size on the main jet and pilot jet.

Hmm i wonder if i should just go up a size since everything is open and the carb is off?

cool beans gonna order em up.

Side note, would grill or high temp enamel be good to pain my header and exhaust? It was rusted and all brown so i cleaned it all up with a bench grinding wheel shined it all up and want to paint it black.

should i use high temp primer as well or just the paint?

Depends how long you want it to last haha. A few guys spray on a few coats of high temp paint and then wrap the pipe.

Haha i got some 2000 degree high temp spray primer and paint. Just layed the primer down, doing the top coat tomorrow. Looking good!

Back