gettin a new phone! need opinions!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl09

Reaction score
Looking to sign a new contract.. gonna spend $100 after contract... iphone 4 or a android?
(android options are HTC vivid, LG nitro, Samsung galaxy s II skyrocket)

if i was on verizon i'd get the bionic. i'm on AT&T so i'm limited on the nice android phones

Ive had both the iphone and droid based phones. I have to say the iphone is an all around better phone. Apple app market is also much better than the droid app market also. So many more options for phone cases and accessories as well.

dnt go iphone they cant take a beating like the droid

This is true, but if you get a good case for the iphone you will have nothing to worry about. My wife still has her old iphone 3g in practically perfect shape because she uses and otter box.

This is true, but if you get a good case for the iphone you will have nothing to worry about. My wife still has her old iphone 3g in practically perfect shape because she uses and otter box.

To me if you need a case to keep it from breaking that means its made cheap. The only reason I got a case for my Bionic is so I dont scratch the **** out of the outer case(Ive done that to every phone Ive had!! LOL). And its only one of those rubber ones.

Iphone for sure the market place is so much better than droid.... Plus my droid bugs out all the time

WOW, so many Iphan boys!!! LOL Like Ive siad Ive played with Iphones and I wasnt impressed. I really prefer Android, especially since Android systems are actually being advanced all the time. Whats Iphone done lately besides a very fancy voice command system.

Also the android system CAN get viruses. They make antivirus coverage for it that is like 50 dollars a year. I have never heard of an iphone getting a virus. And i say all this while i have an android based phone. I miss my iphone.

Also the android system CAN get viruses. They make antivirus coverage for it that is like 50 dollars a year. I have never heard of an iphone getting a virus. And i say all this while i have an android based phone. I miss my iphone.

Ive never heard of android phones getting a virus. Most people that write the virus's arent doing anything with Linux based code for the amount of time it takes to compile and such. Besides theres free and a hell of a lot cheaper antivirus's than that so I hate to say Im gonna call BS.

Heres a comment made by some one that understands it more than I.

A virus requires root privileges in order to operate an since Android is a Linux OS that means viruses will never work. lol the hackers are limited to the [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]windows[/COLOR][/COLOR] OS only cuz it gives u root privileges right of the back. where as Linux u must usea terminal an a set of commands to become the root users. Why do u think Linux is so popular with IT gurus an security sensitive main frames/servers

ANDROID unless you take care of your phone like a baby...

I have the Casio G'zOne commando I've ran it over with our tractor, twice still good to go.

The I phone is cool and all but with a otterbox its like carrying a brick in your pocket.

If your droid is freezing up get a app killer that kills running apps every 30min phone will run faster and battery last longer.

I will stay forever just my .02

I work at Staples. I cant tell you how many people bring in PCs with with virus while using free antivirus programs. As far as the free phone antivirus i have no clue, but i know for a fact we sell alot of the Norton Android Phone Virus plans. U get what you pay for. But then again ive never got a virus on my phone. But there are people that have.

I'd get the Samsung Galaxy S II
my wife and I have the Samsung Droid Charge's we almost got the iphone 4 but it felt cheap when I held it felt like it would break in my hand and my wife has dropped hers out of the blazer onto concrete and not a scratch. My son dropped his iphone 3g on the kitchen floor and the screen cracked way to fragile for the price. GO ANDROID don't waste your money on a BAD APPLE...

Back