Gearing?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissan87man

Reaction score
I got my engine rebuilt. It has a wiseco .40 over piston, port and polish, stage 1 hotcam, Kibble valve and spring kit. My problem is that my warrior revs out to fast now. My gearing is 14/40 with a 20x10-9 rear tires. I want more top end. shouls I change the gearing, Put bigger tires on the rear or get a aftermarket cdi.

aftermarket cdi wont do anything for you.... if i were you i would probably go with gearing... bigger tires will be heavier and i think youll lose more of your bottom end than you would with taller gears

Not sure about the the saver but if you didnt get a new sprocket you should get a new chain, probably a 101 link. You can always take them off but you cant add them on na mean.

Personally I find it easier to replace the rear even tho it cost considerably more money and you know your not gonna hit the skid with a smaller rear

Thanks. I'll pick up a 38 rear. I have two 98 link chains, both almost new. I dont want to have to buy another. Atleast with the 38 rear, I will have to just shorten one chain.

Back