Gearing Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtstalker

Reaction score
I've got a 2001 warrior. Pro-circuit slip on, uni-filter, and some jetting to get it right. I'm running 20" tires on back, with a 13t front sprocket. Got a 41t rear sprocket today, will this give it more torque or top speed? I'm going for torque preferably, all I do is trail riding. I've looked at the sprocket,chain,gearing thread, but it never mentions a 41t on the back that I noticed.

The more teeth on the back will give you torque.. It would be better to get a 12t on the front..

The more teeth on the back will give you torque.. It would be better to get a 12t on the front..

And thats because no one really changes back sprocket unless they want top end.. The less teeth you have in front the more torque you will have and its the opposite for the rear sprocket..

Ok, thanks. I've been trying to find a smaller front sprocket, but seems the only ones shops around here carry are 13t or 14t. I had to get a rear sprocket cause the old one was off. I got it from an authorized Yamaha dealer, and they said it was just a plain,stock sprocket, but it's a 41t, not a 40t

Ok, thanks. I've been trying to find a smaller front sprocket, but seems the only ones shops around here carry are 13t or 14t. I had to get a rear sprocket cause the old one was off. I got it from an authorized Yamaha dealer, and they said it was just a plain,stock sprocket, but it's a 41t, not a 40t

Yea well there wrong stock is 13 40.. and get one on ebay way cheaper

Back