Gas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcombs0064

Reaction score
I Wanted to make a discussion on If the Grade of gas you get really helps your performance. Do you really think Octane booster helps? Or can you just get grade 87 and save alot of money.
Lets here the talk!

If its for the warrior then i would just get 93. Thats what i run in mine. Depends what your compression ratio is. The higher the ratio the higher the octane should be.

I dont know much about the compresion thing but I've ran like 110 in my bike and it ran like a top. I mean I even had to adjust the idle to run it right.

I dont know if this is true or not. But i know a diesel engine can get addicted to Starting fluid. Can a warrior get addicted to 110? or a octane booster?

Diesel - no.
Warrior - no.
Booster - no.

Higher octane is needed only if there is a detonation problem (sounds like rattling from the top end when accelerating). Detonation generally can come from higher compression ratios, advanced timing curves, or lean air/fuel mixtures. Stock or near stock, anything above 87-89 is not usually needed.

Well, my bike rattles like a snake if I have cheap gas in it so I just throw a shot of octane booster in it when I fill it up and it runs good. I think my bike might be bored alittle for some reason. Not to sure about that though.

The higher the octane you run the longer the gas will last. The shity 87 pump gas around here will start to gum up the carbs in a few months time. Since you have the 366 i would suggest the 93 but thats just me. I have a 55 gallon drum of 110 ill mix with it sometimes, but unless you got some good mods on the motor race gas would be to fat for a stock motor or mild build.

i'll try 93 a few times and see if it helps it any. it has a Hesitation when you throttle it hard all of a sudden. Do i need to jet up? or go down. it dosent bog any. Just hesitates til about 2k rpm, after that point its perfect.

lol i havent heard of the ink pen mod? Could you show me how to do it? and how do you check your accel pump? Im not that good with the carb haha

lol i havent heard of the ink pen mod? Could you show me how to do it? and how do you check your accel pump? Im not that good with the carb haha

Well when you take the float bowl off there will be the plunger that will come off with the bowl. Take the plunger out, it will be on the left side of carb, and there will be a lil spring inside the plunger hole. Throw that spring away and get an ink pen spring, make sure its the same length as the stock spring and install it and put the plunger back in and put the bowl back on, whoa la its done

Dose it help it any? Are there any more of these mods? im all up for anything that helps! im gonna get the shifter mod!

no difference on mine between 87 and 93. my snowmobile has a pretty noticeable change from 87 to 93 though

if yal are just running 87 pump gas that carm aint gonna run long and i dont guess that any of you have actualy read the owners manuel huh? it says to run HIGH octane
1. because the motor will run more consistantly
2. it puts les strain on the carb to runn claener gas through
3. it runs better on higher or lower compression motors and you get less carbon build up
4. in the last 3 years of running a reapair shop i cant tell you how many carbs ive cleaned because of the fuel grade they ran gas nowdays is really sorry grade

if you dont believe me get a 2 litter full of each grade of gass at the gass station and look at the trash in the lower grade compaired to the higher grade

yep looks like ill run some 93 to.
will it hurt if its mixed with 87 until the tank is empty, then fill up with 93? and also since ive been running 87 for so long it wont hurt to switch it over and keep it running with 93 will it?

Back