Gas Mileage/Range?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxboy02

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to head down to Moab Utah and I just was wondering if anyone could clue me in to:

Fuel Tank capacity?

Gas mileage/range/hours to a tank?

I know it depends on many variables, but given moderate throttle inputs, 150lb rider, 4500ft elevation..... what would be reasonable to expect?

Thanks !!!

Ben

2002 Warrior, K&N filter, otherwise stock

well the fuel tank can contain about from what I've seen like 1,8 or 1,9 gallons for gas milleage I can't tell you since my engine setup is a bit far from yours.

Your Warrior has a 2.4 gallon tank with a .5 gallon reserve...

I read in Quad magazine where if you fill your tank with scalding hot water as full as you possibly can that you can stretch your tank to hold another 1/4 to 1/2 gallon more.

Depends on how you ride, full throttle all the time will go through it faster.

Yeah big time.. I know those figures are in 6th gear cruising the whole time. If I'm on and off the gas a lot and giving her hell then she doesn't last long.

My Raptor stops running when you can still see fuel in the tank, it will not run dry. Did this since new hopefully the Warrior actually uses all of its fuel before it stops.

My Raptor stops running when you can still see fuel in the tank, it will not run dry. Did this since new hopefully the Warrior actually uses all of its fuel before it stops.

Actually my warrior's the same, it won't run but I'll still see a bit of fuel in the tank. I think it's because of its shape and the position of the petcock.

[quote:eek:8mlg35x]My Raptor stops running when you can still see fuel in the tank, it will not run dry. Did this since new hopefully the Warrior actually uses all of its fuel before it stops.

Actually my warrior's the same, it won't run but I'll still see a bit of fuel in the tank. I think it's because of its shape and the position of the petcock.[/quote:eek:8mlg35x]
My z does that, but it will run if I switch it to reserve.

It feels like my carb doesn't get enough gas when Im on reserve, it tends to bog out. I'm thinking my jetting is off because it does this sometimes if I punch the gas with a full tank but it does it all the time when I'm on reserve.

It feels like my carb doesn't get enough gas when Im on reserve, it tends to bog out. I'm thinking my jetting is off because it does this sometimes if I punch the gas with a full tank but it does it all the time when I'm on reserve.

I would take the pecock out of the tank and see if you have some dirt on the reserve side of the inlet port. Your float height could be off on your carb as well. Might be the accel pump as well.. if those things are not bad check the accel pump when the tank is full to empty or reserve to see if there is a difference.

Thanks. I thought about the whole dirty reserve port but it more in the way its running. Didn't even think about the accel pump, I'll have to check it.

Back