Gas From Carb Overflow

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickofit

Reaction score
Ok,carb was rebuilt about a year ago with a Shindy brand rebuild kit,heard they were decent,looked decent,and was made in Japan.

Recently started dripping gas from the carb overflow hose on the bottom of the carb,so thought maybe the float came out of adjustment,so pulled it off.

Float was not out of adjustment,needle valve looks good,o-ring is fine....

Why is this thing flowin gas out the overflow..??...

Should I just buy the needle valve set from the yammy dealer..??...Is there a brand of carb kit you guys have had good luck with..??

Tried float heights of 11-4-13-4 like the manual says,cleaned everything up good,but still pisses out the overflow.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have always used a inline fuel filter,and carb was spotless inside.

...?????

Thanks..

is the float bowl cracked anywhere?

try taking the bowl off and turning the gas on with the float hanging then take your hand and push up on the float to see if the seat and needle seal properly and allow no gas to flow down.

if gas still drips id look for a new needle and seat.

Is your gas tank filled to the cap? I overfilled my gas tank to the brim once and my carb overflow let out some gas for me.

Well,there had to be something stuck in the needle,took it out for a good rip,and now the float is not leaking...

Must be some radioactive japanese gunk in there...lol..

Back