Funny but sad, timing chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lieuht

Reaction score
Went riding with a buddy recently who has a big bear 400, just bought it a month ago and loved the bike. So i meet him out at our favorite mud hole to see what it will do. As soon as he started the bike i knew either the timing chain was strected to the max or his valves were way off so we checked the valves on the spot and they were good. Told him his chain might be bad so i went to take the timing chain tensioner off and found the problem. Turns out the chain was already so strecthed that the previous owner instead of replacing it just welded a 9mm socket to the end of the tensioner and rode it like that. Wish i got a picture before he tossed it but it just goes to show if your buying used make sure your not getting used.

People will do some stupid ****. Could weld the socket on, but, could not replace the chain...

Wow the po was a total dumbass. Like James said, good thing you caught it before anything bad happened.

Back