Fuel Mixture Screw

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will work. Fuel mixture screws are used only on Keihin FCR Carbs, like the yfz 450 and trx 450...

I don't think it will work. Fuel mixture screws are used only on Keihin FCR Carbs, like the yfz 450 and trx 450...

I think what you mean is that product is only ment for a FCR carburator.
All four stroke carbs have a fuel screw.

so......... anyone know if there is one somewhere that you can get for the warrior carb? and/or does it work w/ the edelbrock carb? thanks for the help

Yeah, it's not hard to adjust it, and you really shouldn't have to touch it much at all once you get it tuned right initially. And it wouldn't work on the edelbrock either, the fuel metering on it is an entirely different design, and the "fuel screw" if you can call it that is easily accessible on the top of the carb already.

it would be nice to adjust it on the trail if need be w/o have to carry a screwdriver although i suppose it wouldn't be to bad since it requires a small screwdriver, and i ride year round, w/ temps in the winter getting near and below zero, and up to 100 in the summer, rain, snow, w/e the weather............ i ride. I didn't know where it was on the edelbrock, i guess i assumed it was the same as stock, welp, thanks for the help everyone

You really don't even need to carry a screwdriver. I've found that the little screwdriver bits meant to fit into the magnetic bit holders work great for the stock fuel screw. Everybody seems to have tons of those laying around, and it won't take up any extra space in the tool kit under the seat.

alright, thanks for the tip, i'll be sure to add on........... once i get a tool kit (bought the bike used and the tool kit is missing, i'll just make on eof my own though)

modified fuel screw

You can easily make a hand adjustable fuel screw by simply jb welding a small screwdriver bit to the end of the stock screw. simple as that.:tup:

Back