Fuel Filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett1994warrior

Reaction score
Hey,
I was on here searching for how to jet a carb, and all the photos I see are lacking fuel filters. I just got my warrior 7 days ago. Eaither mine has one added aftermarket, or it's just a common MOD to delete the use of them. Do they come with these or no? Mine in the attached pic is new, as the one on it, was clogged full of crap. Do they help anything or serve no point other than restricting gas flow???

Warrior019.jpg

They don't come with one from the factory. It's kind of debatable if it's really worthwhile installing one but it's not going to cause any problem with fuel flow unless you're using one for lawn mowers (with a paper filter element). The ones designed for powersports engines have a more open filter element, sort of a fine plastic mesh, and flow a lot more than one for a mower.

The reason they don't come with one from the factory is because there is an in-tank strainer on the fuel petcock that is supposed to keep out anything but the smallest particles, so anything that gets caught in the aftermarket filter would likely pass through the carb without causing any problems. I think that usually when a jet gets clogged up in the carb it's from dirt dropping in through the vent which is unfiltered and a direct line into the carb.

And by the way the filter that is in the tank and mounted on the petcock is not going to let hardly anything through the "mesh" or whatever its made out of has extremely small holes in it to let the fuel pass through

I might be using a lawn mower filter than, as it has a small paper filter in it. I will have to locate one more similiar to the one that was on there. Thanks for the help,, maybe the junk in it was the filter breaking down, as it was definitly clogged with larger particales of something.

Most of the powersports shops/dealers around here carry the powersports filters for $2 or less, they will either have the plastic mesh element or some of them actually have a bronze element.

Tusk makes one and it sells for like $1.50 on rocky mountain and it is clear so you can see if there is anything in the filter and the element or actual filter inside it is a gold color and it looks like metal but its prolly not.

Sweet thanks Tyler. I am getting my wheels and tires from them soon, so I will just add it to my order. Thanks for the help guys!!!

Oh ya and i forgot to say this but i bought one of them and it worked great for me i also got some blue fuel line to got along with it looked and worked great.

Haha yep and you might want to get a few small hose clamps from the hard ware store or wal mart or whatever you have where your at, just to make sure that then lines all stay tight .

Back