front sprocket nut

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schemi

Reaction score
I have been trying to remove my front sprocket. It is very tight or seized on. I sprayed PB blaster and let it sit for a few days and still can't get it off. I have put a breaker bar on it while sitting on the seat and stepping on the brake. I can put a longer bar on it but I am afraid of breaking something. Any suggestions? It is right hand thread correct?

You have retaining tabs on it as well take a chisel and flatten them back from the sprocket, Ive always used a breaker bar and socket to get mine off. It helps to have someone sit on the quad and hold the brakes, Did you have it in gear while trying to take it off

Yes the retainer is bent back and I tried 2 different 1/2" good freshly oiled impacts. I have a 3/4" impact but I am afraid I will break something. I have also tried a 3' pipe on the breaker bar. I am doing this in neutral with one foot on the brake. The brake is not slipping.

Yes the retainer is bent back and I tried 2 different 1/2" good freshly oiled impacts. I have a 3/4" impact but I am afraid I will break something. I have also tried a 3' pipe on the breaker bar. I am doing this in neutral with one foot on the brake. The brake is not slipping.

The 3 inch pipe and breaker bar will break something before that air impact gun..

Back