front lowering kits on ebay

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
I know this topic has been beaten to death but does anyone or has anyone had experience with these. They look pretty good quality wise and are supposed to sit on the gusset on the lower a arms near the shock mount. I just installed rappy front shocks and they are way to tall and it rides like piss with the front a arms fully extended all the time. Its 10 times harder to turn as well. So I won the lowering kits on ebay for like 30$ and Im gonna give em a try. They will lower it 3.5 inches which will be just about stock height with 2.5 extra inches of travel from the raptor front shocks Any opinions? Im stuck with an 87 and would love to find some wider aftermarket a-arms but noone makes em from what Ive gathered.

since you have an 87, i dont blame you for giving them a shot. let us know how they work out for you.

get the 60 dollar bottom mount ones, theyre billet and it doesnt make your shock stand straightup, it puts them at an angl and the top ones are smalll and end easy, im planning on buying a bottom mount kit, trmporary until i get my a arms when i sell my drumset

get the 60 dollar bottom mount ones, theyre billet and it doesnt make your shock stand straightup, it puts them at an angl and the top ones are smalll and end easy, im planning on buying a bottom mount kit, trmporary until i get my a arms when i sell my drumset
Dude, you keep saying you are going to race xc right, why the heck would you make your bike lower for the trials!?!?!?!?

The bottom mount ones are the ones Im talking about and with the new rappy shocks up front It will still sit higher than stock.

[quote:3ra9k7fx]get the 60 dollar bottom mount ones, theyre billet and it doesnt make your shock stand straightup, it puts them at an angl and the top ones are smalll and end easy, im planning on buying a bottom mount kit, trmporary until i get my a arms when i sell my drumset
Dude, you keep saying you are going to race xc right, why the heck would you make your bike lower for the trials!?!?!?!?[/quote:3ra9k7fx]

im going to lwer it so, i can trail ride and ride my cousins track and i will raise it for xc

But still, what do you think you're going to gain from lowering it? Lowering it changes the suspension geometry so the shocks don't work as well, because it changes the leverage and angle on the shock, and it also decreases your suspension travel.

I guess none of you guys believe me when I say that the setup I have on rocks-raising the top mount of the shocks is the way to go.Especially with the 87,as they were not `trussed`from one mount to the other like later models.I dont believe anyone that says you can't jump(or land)effectively with the shocks angled less.I was jumping plenty big just yesterday on mine.The added travel allowed by longer shocks is very easy to feel.Lowering your outer or lower mounts is only going to make it travel less,the shock will want to travel in less of a arc,just take a look at a Baja Bug or dune buggy/Chenowith-they are all about travel.they have shocks that are mounted vertically.The more verticle that the shocks mount,the more effective they are with dips and bumps---like trails and washboards,etc.If you ONLY like to get big air,well angle the shocks more,but it is not going to handle well at all.Your Raptor shocks are the same length as my YFZ450 shocks so we are talking about the same thing.This is all my opinion,of course I could be wrong!

But still, what do you think you're going to gain from lowering it? Lowering it changes the suspension geometry so the shocks don't work as well, because it changes the leverage and angle on the shock, and it also decreases your suspension travel.

The raptor shocks on the front had to be compressed 3 inches just to fit them on so when sitting unloaded the a arms are fully extended on a 45+ degree angle so the tires look almost bowed. So installing the lowering kit will let the quad sit at or near stock height with 3 inch longer shocks up front which is where you get the extra travel. I will be losing some of the travel gained by putting these shocks on but it will still have almost 2.5 inches more travel than the stock warrior front shocks. Not even works or elkas that fit in the stock location can do that.

JC I do like the idea of trussing the upper shock mounts but with your set up the shocks sit straight up and down so believe it or not your shocks arent traveling or damping like they were designed to do but are actually flexing inwards in the middle of the shock and then damping as they normally do. In order for the suspension to work the way it is supposed to the shock must sit at an angle. Thats why they angle them in the first place so that the shock travels the same angle and direction as the a-arms move. So if I were you and didnt want to replace my shocks a whole hell of alot sooner than normally Id look into the lowering kit as well because it will give your yfz shocks the right angle as described. But to each his own and Ill keep everyone updated I got the lowering kit used off ebay for $20.00

Shocks are never mounted vertically on off road race trucks they always go with the flow of the a-arm or swing arm

Either way its better than stock,and some can argue that there is more travel than aftermarket shocks($$$$)But The trucks I am talking about are the super-light weight Chenowith baja buggies,not the heavy race trucks,and they have all kinds of different suspensions.The lighter the "truck"it seems the shocks are set up more verticle.I am certainly no expert,and yeah,I would not be writing this post if I had the Lonestar +3 A-arms that I really want.But,I don`t,so I did the cheapest,most effective way to better the ride on my quad.And I am very happy with the results.The YFZ shocks would feel better on any Warrior,they are that much better.I will not be going with the lowering kit that you have,because the quad is allready 1.5-2 inches lower than it was.

I hear ya . I wouldnt be either if someone made some sort of cheaper alternative to $700+ per side for a arms. I cant believe No one ever made aftermarket a arms for the 87. I also went with the cheapest alternative or "quick fix" if ya wanna call it that. I might just get some arms for a 90s model and fab them on myself just to save the fcking hassel!

So if your gonna get crazy and mod some **** up...why not go to the limit and get something like a banshee front end...they are wider than warriors stock.....youll mainly have to cut up the top arm and shave the lowers a little....

Just my .02 cents

Most likely will get a wider aftermarket set for a warrior and then mod them or my 87 frame to fit

[quote:hlomakss]But still, what do you think you're going to gain from lowering it? Lowering it changes the suspension geometry so the shocks don't work as well, because it changes the leverage and angle on the shock, and it also decreases your suspension travel.

The raptor shocks on the front had to be compressed 3 inches just to fit them on so when sitting unloaded the a arms are fully extended on a 45+ degree angle so the tires look almost bowed. So installing the lowering kit will let the quad sit at or near stock height with 3 inch longer shocks up front which is where you get the extra travel. I will be losing some of the travel gained by putting these shocks on but it will still have almost 2.5 inches more travel than the stock warrior front shocks. Not even works or elkas that fit in the stock location can do that.

JC I do like the idea of trussing the upper shock mounts but with your set up the shocks sit straight up and down so believe it or not your shocks arent traveling or damping like they were designed to do but are actually flexing inwards in the middle of the shock and then damping as they normally do. In order for the suspension to work the way it is supposed to the shock must sit at an angle. Thats why they angle them in the first place so that the shock travels the same angle and direction as the a-arms move. So if I were you and didnt want to replace my shocks a whole hell of alot sooner than normally Id look into the lowering kit as well because it will give your yfz shocks the right angle as described. But to each his own and Ill keep everyone updated I got the lowering kit used off ebay for $20.00 [/quote:hlomakss]

thank you someoine agrees with me!!!, i was watching that kit too

Back