front gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwarriorrider

Reaction score
could anyone give me their tips on how many tooth front gear will fit on an '03 warrior to give more top end? right now I have a 12 tooth, should I go with a 13 or 14 tooth and is there enough room?

If you're wanting more top speed the larger the front sprocket the more top speed, the smaller the rear the more top speed. 1 tooth on the front equals 3 teeth on the rear. What you gain in top speed you loose some in acceleration.

What size rear tire? It makes a difference, stock had 22's. Out back with a 13/40 sprocket combo. If your machine is stock engine wise then with 22's. out back & a 14 tooth sprocket it's gonna be a turd.
I'm 14/40, I have 20's out back & when my machine was lightly modded it was just ok, after I did the cam & piston it feels like it's got another gear in the transmission now.

If you're wanting more top speed the larger the front sprocket the more top speed, the smaller the rear the more top speed. 1 tooth on the front equals 3 teeth on the rear. What you gain in top speed you loose some in acceleration.

I wish we could thumbs up or like posts on here.

I run 22's out back cuz I like the little extra ground clearance I get, and a 40 rear sprocket. Like I said earlier the front is a 12 tooth. My issue is how much and how fast I have to shift coming off the start, and as far as i know the motor is stock.

Back