front end wobble!! help!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yammyman

Reaction score
Hi i have a 01 warrior, it has some wobble when i get up too higher speeds, its not too bad but it is definitly noticable, it has a rebuilt front end, like new tire rod ends and all bushings are new, but my tires are worn and kinda old and i was wondering if the tires could just be chopped up or something, any sugestions on what i can do to stop it?

are your rims straight? my warrior has a front end wobble at high speeds on pavement and my one front rim is bent and wobbles..

Hi i have a 01 warrior, it has some wobble when i get up too higher speeds, its not too bad but it is definitly noticable, it has a rebuilt front end, like new tire rod ends and all bushings are new, but my tires are worn and kinda old and i was wondering if the tires could just be chopped up or something, any sugestions on what i can do to stop it?
just a thought, might you be just a touch out of alignment when you put the new tie-rod ends on?it only takes a turn or two off.....you might check this out..

http://www.trx250r.net/trx250rforums/index.php?showtopic=4083

yeah i would check your rims and alignment first like the other guys said. if everything checks out good, take a look at your rear axle too. make sure its square with the front of the quad. i had a blaster a few years ago that had a minor vibration at fast speeds. the whole axle was cocked a little to one side. i measured front wheel to back wheel on both sides to get it square. that helped remove most of the vibration. dont know if thats your problem or not but hope it helps.

tire pressure?

Yupp. it could be a lot of things, (tires, rims, bearings, alignment) but once your offroad, it doesn't really matter. Mine wobble a bit on the road, but I'm not road drivin it to much.

i have kinda worn down kenda trail wolfs on the front, and i checked my alignment and it seems to be descent, i havent accuratly like measured or anything, but also it pulls a very slight bit to the left so what should i adjust to counter that?

umm..... wobble at high speeds on hard pack with ITPs or any other tires? i dont think so! check your bearings, hubs, and rims and alignment, and ur tie rods, steering stem and ball joints, tire pressure! there is something outta wack somewhere on your quad!

i just replaced my hub bearings in my rear end but how can i make sure my rear axle is strait

Check your rear tire pressure make both rear tires have the same pressure if not it cause it pull left or right, this is really noticable on 3 wheelers. To see if axle is bent only thing I can think of is put it on stands start it up put it in first let it idle and watch the axle and see if it spins funny moves wobbles.

Back