Front brakes help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACmech906

Reaction score
When I got my warrior the front brakes were not working at all. The previous owner said front master cyl needed rebuild so I bought the rebuild kit, rebuilt and reinstalled today. I filled the cyl up with fluid and began the bleeding procedure. Well nothing seemed to happen.. The fluid level in the reservoir did not change at all after 20 minutes of pumping the brake lever and cracking the lines etc. so obviously no fluid is flowing through the lines (right?)

They look like the original lines (from 96). Did I do something wrong during the rebuild or are my lines just shot? Or is there something else I should try? Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks y'all!

Try doing a reverse bleed, use a big syringe and a clear tube, fill the syringe with brake fluid, make sure there is no air in it, and crack your bleeder open and connect the hose to it and push the fluid through until it bubbles out the master, then remove the syringe and clear tube, let it gravity bleed until it starts dripping from the bleeder and close it up, should be good to go unless you have another issue going on with the master or lines.

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try next week when I get back home. Anybody else have any insight? I like to have a plan B if plan A fails!

Back