front brake hoses???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flawless

Reaction score
So my wonderful front brakes were stuck shut. the brake fluid holder, one screw was stripped, so i drilled that out and rethreaded that, but my right side brake hose that attaches to the caliper is clogged, is there any special way the clear the hose out or just buy another one??? the old fluid was rusty in color lol. i cleared out all other lines and calipers, just that one hose wont get clear.

That's a great maintenance item to remember.

It is possible to boil brake fluid. It absorbs moisture through the hoses and seals. When is discolors, it is junk.
Long time ago on a roadrace bike, I had cleaned/adjusted/flushed/safety wired on a CBR600 I had. After 5 minutes of hotlapping, and at the end of the backstrech (Nelson Ledges, easy 120+), went to go for a handful of front brake and got nuthin' but lever into bar. Needless to say I took a trip through the grass, but kept it rubber side down somehow.

Big dummy me never bothered to change the "coffee" in the brake system and it boiled in the calipers, causing an instant air bubble and no brakes. Brakes came back like magic when the rotors cooled (and after I cleaned out my shorts). It's a feeling you never forget (brakes and soiled shorts both).

That stuff is so cheap, and nobody ever thinks to flush it annually. Well, almost nobody. It will keep the brake guts from getting that rust/funk growth too.

Last edited:
well i did drain out the rusted brake fluid ran air into all front lines, i pulled h calipers off and ran air into them as well but one line has a clog, i ran compressed air into everything and still the one line wont unclear, not sure if its a good idea to try and run a wire into the hose????

rubber brake hoses can fail internally just like a cars. they get a flap of rubber internally that fails and will not allow brake fluid to pass. replace them! even good used ones are dirt cheap! if the rubber is compromised internally and you somehow clear it,it can happen again,and they can burst,usually at the wrong time.

rubber brake hoses can fail internally just like a cars. they get a flap of rubber internally that fails and will not allow brake fluid to pass. replace them! even good used ones are dirt cheap! if the rubber is compromised internally and you somehow clear it,it can happen again,and they can burst,usually at the wrong time.

X2!
I'd replace all of them.
If one is toast, the others probably are not far behind.

well today before i read the last 2 post lol, i pushed a wire through the hose then compressed air and it cleared, put everything back together and now the other hose was clogged, lol, just yesterday it was clear so i ran wire in that one s well, now all lines are clear and bled, but ill go ahead and get new ones to be on the safe side, thank you to everyone, i learn new things everyday

When you do the lines, I'd go as far as to pop the calipers apart and rebuild the MC's too, both front and back.
Can almost guarantee they need it. If not, it's well worth the time to check while you're there.

sorry for the mia but MOTO, you say something about rebuild the MC's? is it hard? cost? could you explain to me on how to do it, if its not to hard. or is there a write up on it, thanks, i put all ne fluid in the front but its still a lil funky, like the calipers wanna stay closed a lil bit, if i tap the caliper a lil bit it does free it up and i can spin the tire freely

Back