Fresh Meats

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
I just got done removing the stock tires off my Raptors, and mounting some new rubber...

Both now have Maxxis Front-Pro's 23x7x10. These have a great tread pattern, and firm side-walls. These will definitely handle and steer well (definitely WAY better than the stock Dunlops):
frontpro1.jpg

On my wifes Raptor, I opted for some Maxxis All-Traks in 22x11x9. Holy shat these things are meaty! These were a little bit of a bear to mount (side biters get in the way of the mount bar), but its all good. Very firm side-walls, and a gnarly tread pattern. Definite some major bite in these:
alltrak1.jpg

On mine, I mounted some Cheng Shin (aka Maxxis) Chevrons in 22x11x9. Pretty meaty treads, also very firm side-walls. This tread pattern should excel in sand and mud, and work great on hard dirt:
chevron1.jpg

Cant wait to try all these out next weekend :D

I have the same tires--The maxxis on my warrior and the chen shin chevrons on my sons lt185.

I really like both of them. The maxxis I almost like better than my paddles on the dunes, and they are great in the mud.

The Chen shins go anywhere.

Cant wait to try all these out next weekend

How did you like the New treads? I'm thinking about going with the Maxxis up front.

worm1 said:
How did you like the New treads? I'm thinking about going with the Maxxis up front.

All of them are great. Handling is excellent on the fronts, and both rears work in everything, and particularly well in steep hill-climbs. The bite is exceptional.

Back