Found a Wounded Warrior...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksowin87

Reaction score
Hey guys... need ur input. I may have the opportunity to pick up a 2000 Warrior for cheap... Thing is it was "dunked" and has not ran the last couple of years. So my question is what is the worst or most likely things that would be wrong with it (to be cleaned or replaced) and how much would be a reasonable price to pay for it... This is all the info I have ... Thanks!

well I personally wouldn't offer much at all if it was dunked and parked for 2 years I bet the whole inside of the motor is nothing but rust unless they drained the oil and dried it all out and put fresh oil in I guess if she's in good shape check to see if the motor is locked up or not and if not check compression and go from there just seems like it would be a complete tear down and rebuild of everything which could run in the $1000's of $$$

what is he asking?

He wasnt asking... i was gonna offer something... Its just been sittin there... figured i needed a winter project...

Is it in good physical shape look nice on outside?
everything there?

can you post pics of it?

Last edited:
well if your looking for a winter project I say start your offer low like $150-$200 and go from there he might take it or come back at ya with a counter offer

Well... See if it even turns over first. If it does, change the oil and filter, put fresh gas in the tank, add a few ounces of marvel mystery oil in the gas, turn it over a few times without the spark plug in it. Put a new plug in and start her up. Obviously check the air filter and clean the carb first.

I agree with ~$100. You don't know if you'll need a whole new power plant or not. Everything could be shot and tell him you're going our on a limb. If it has sat that long, he is probably tired of looking at it and wants it gone. Especially if he hasn't done anything with it.

Its a warrior, It can be brought back to life for cheap. Go as low as the person will give it to you for.

Alright Guys Thanks... Its all there... looks in decent condition... So Ill try to keep around $100 or so... But a couple hundred bucks for a complete machine i could use for parts could be a nice thing...

Well... See if it even turns over first. If it does, change the oil and filter, put fresh gas in the tank, add a few ounces of marvel mystery oil in the gas, turn it over a few times without the spark plug in it. Put a new plug in and start her up. Obviously check the air filter and clean the carb first.

Sounds like u have done this before... lol
Thanks for the info!

Yea if its been compleatly submerged then set for years, id say alot of the electrical is shot also..

Sounds like u have done this before... lol
Thanks for the info!

I've started a few dormant engines before. There is a whole check list that should really be thought out at times. I'd also put a few onces of marvel in the oil. Run it for a couple hours then change it and put straight oil in it. If it was submerged, and there is rust internally then the marvel will help to clean it out.

Back