fmf power bomb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrap350

Reaction score
has anyone had one or have one? does it make any kind of difference besides looking sweet, like performance or sound wise?

I was thinking about one but looks wasnt worth the money to me.. The Stocker already flows almost to much.

I was thinking about one but looks wasnt worth the money to me.. The Stocker already flows almost to much.

You can never have too much exhaust flow. :p How's the price compared to an OEM one? I'm thinking of replacing my header and pipe when I get the motor rebuilt because my header seems to have holes in it and is really bent at the part that the pipe slips over. :eek:

I'm not sure if the stock header is to big for the engine or not.. I do know that if you have the pipe to big or small and sized incorrectly then you will lose performance.

[quote:6s17ufgv]I was thinking about one but looks wasnt worth the money to me.. The Stocker already flows almost to much.

You can never have too much exhaust flow. :p How's the price compared to an OEM one? I'm thinking of replacing my header and pipe when I get the motor rebuilt because my header seems to have holes in it and is really bent at the part that the pipe slips over. :eek:[/quote:6s17ufgv]

Yes you can have too much exhaust flow. If that statement was true I would be running a straight pipe, but I'm not. You have to have some back pressure or its not gona run right, plus no back pressure such as running a straight pipe is hard on valves etc...sounds like **** etc...I guess if you wana get technical if you have a full blown drag set up yfz you could run a very free flowing exhaust such as an n-motion outta frame drag pipe. Anyways you can pick a stock header on ebay for a little bit of nothing.

You definitely do not need backpressure as it hurts performance. Does the intake valve have to have backpressure to work. If you where to run no exhaust at all then it would cause the exhaust valve to warp from cooling to fast but even then that is the extreme case.
What you want is a tuned pipe that has no backpressure what so ever as any would cause a restriction and make the engine work harder to push the exhaust gas out of the engine. Since the engine is not producing constant running air flow there are pulses with sound and pressure waves moving back and forth since the valve is opening and closing. These waves reflect off the back side of the valve and down the pipe. This is only a small part of the equation. The other part is air flow and how long the pipe needs to be and diameter for these sound waves and pressure waves not to exit the pipe but to reflect back as the valve is shut then bounce off the back side of the valve when it’s open to help pull the exhaust gas out.
So it’s all about tuning the pipe to your engine and what you want to do.

for all out performance a straight pipe the right diameter and length will produce the most power with the least amout of back pressure.

okay griff i read your post and i got a question. you know the header wrap stuff that people sometimes use on hotrods? as far as i know the purpose of it is to help insulate the header so the exhaust gases stay hotter and exit quicker, correct? so would it help to wrap a warrior header with the header wrap or would it be a waste? also, could it cause some rusting if the wrap were to get wet after going through a puddle on the trail? i would imagine it could since it would be wet and would stay on the header so its almost like leaving it in a puddle. any insights on this?

Your pipe will rust very quickly. It holds all the moisture in and doesn't allow it to escape. This is why none of the pipe manufactures will warrantee a pipe failure if you've wraped the pipe with this ****. Personally I don't think you could feel the gain as people with 400ex's have tried it and felt no gain from it. They do like that fact that the heat is reduced though.

where you talking about the fmf head pipe when you said that 400ex don't notice any gain?

What Jason said guys. The wraps just arent made for off-road use.

If you want to do something better, get it ceramic coated by JetHot, or Airborne, etc.

Thats pretty much what I'm going to do when I build my own exhaust and muffler setup.

Back