Flywheel / Stator install ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAQ80

Reaction score
So I'm putting my motor back together and I'm almost done. The problem I'm having is that when I go to install the stator and its housing it keeps pulling off the flywheel.

How do I keep the flywheel in place so I can install the stator housing and get it torqued down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. if you have the flywheel puller I would remove the bolt part of the puller, screw it on with some anti-seize and tap the back of the puller to secure the flywheel. Just had the same problem the other night and this is how I got around it. If you do not have the puller I would try and find something round that fits over the crank shaft because you have to hit the flywheel square or you could easily cause damage. I can't think of anything that would fit so hopefully you have the puller.

Use the bolt and washer that keep the side cover on in the middle then just take it out and put on the side cover

Hello. if you have the flywheel puller I would remove the bolt part of the puller, screw it on with some anti-seize and tap the back of the puller to secure the flywheel. Just had the same problem the other night and this is how I got around it. If you do not have the puller I would try and find something round that fits over the crank shaft because you have to hit the flywheel square or you could easily cause damage. I can't think of anything that would fit so hopefully you have the puller.

A big deep dish socket or pipe would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back