flywheel removal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeoldetymewarrior8

Reaction score
im having a lot of trouble removing my flywheel...is it suppost to be tough even with the puller? or is there a clip i have to remove on the crank? any insight will help.

no clips, its just pressed on, i heated mine up a bit with a small propane torch and tapped onthe puller with pressure on it. it was on there pretty hard but it should come if ya keep workin on it

PUT THE BOLT BACK IN THE CRANK THAT HOLDS THE FLYWHEEL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then install the puller and put the nuts to it and she'll pop off.

Btw: I didn't put the bolt in the first time and mushroomed the crankshaft... luckly is wasn't enough to do any harm.

havent gotten that far in my rebuilt yet so now its my turn to learn also. good luck!

What do you mean asshole?
I updated the link with some more pic's and text that should help.
Jason

It should just slide back on in line with the key. When you put the slide back on the end of the shaft and tighten the bolt to torque it, should be set. Do this first without putting the stator cover on and make sure the starter gear still turns one way. The first time I did mine, for some reason the starter gear wouldnt move at all. I was trying to start it and chewed the starter. Maybe I over torqued it? Who knows, I used a torque wrench. Anywho, just make sure when it's torqued to specs that the starter gears do move freely.

Back