flywheel puller can't get the flywheel off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
Got a flywheel puller to replace my cam chain and even with an impact I can't get the flywheel off the crank shaft to replace the chain? please help

Spray the end if the crank with wd40, leave it a hour, come back tighten the puller and tap the flywheel with a hammer, should come off

im thinkin........get a BIGGER HAMMER....put tension on puller and smack that bitch square..................like wo-ya said its gotta go, dont give it an option! who's bigger? u or the flywheel? you'll win:evilface:

How many foot pounds impact gun are you using .i had the same problem couldn't get it off so i went to harbor freight and got the earth quake impact gun 700 foot pounds witch is only real 500 ft lbs but it came right off

the crazy **** of it is this is a 92 motor with the flywheel and stator from my 02 motor that blew up last winter and I used the same 250 ft lbs 1/2" impact on it last spring when I swapped the 92 motor into my 02 warrior and it came right off the 02 motor had trouble getting the 92 flywheel off but it came after a few forward and reverse spins of the impact but this time it's a no go after about 20 minutes and a few taps with the hammer it just don't want the new cam chain put on lol

Guess it's being stubborn those dang warriors I also had a 250 foot pounds and it wouldn and it wouldn't budge so I had to go bigger

Put a dab of grease on the end of the puller bolt. It will help keep it from damaging the end of the crank.

Back