Fluids/Cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBronz

Reaction score
I know where to drain the oil and put oil in as well as the brake fluid but I was wondering about the other fluids on this thing. Is there a transmission oil spot, or a radiator fluid spot? On the front of the warrior is a cooler and it seems to be an oil cooler. I've read about the Big Bear cooling upgrade and drilling the crankcase or whatever but would just buying a bigger atv oil cooler help a lot like the Hayden or Perma-cool options alone?

How about these inline coolers I see that claim to reduce temperature 20 degrees for a little $30 piece that just fits in the lines?

Thanks.

well the transmission shares the same oil that the moto uses to keep cool,and warrior motors are air cooled motors, so no coolant fluid here like the newer 450's and stuff. i got a bigbear oil cooler on my 87 warrior and i can be riding and hold my barehand on the side of the motor! it works wonders. Def. worth the money for either cooler. its still warm but before my hand would have been blistered in a sec.

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely look into buying an aftermarket cooler. Some of them are only 40 or so bucks too so that's nothing for a cool engine.

Hahah, more suprises. You have an oil cooler too! Is it the big bear cooler or the case tapped mod?

No tranny fluid and no radiator so no fluid there. U just lookin for a bigger oil cooler? Even a small one works wonders.

Hahaha, I am just as surprised as you DeadLast. I honestly didn't mean to say it was stock at first.

It looks like the hoses run into the crankcase. I don't reckon I'm going to replace it then because I thought at first maybe it came stock. I don't really know what to do now, I ordered flush valve stems to flip the rims and a raptor clutch assembly for a lighter pull. My friend said the front sprocket is changed out too, I think to the ideal 20 inch tire ratio.

Should I even mess with the Warrior or is everything done to it? Haha.

well, post a pic and we could probably identify every part on it. only then can we tell you if you're done. hahah

I made a picture thread in the pictures forum of my warrior haha. Check it out and get back to me :D

Sorry mang, can u fix ur thread. I messed it up. I have been programing my website all day and messed up a simple image post. Time to get off this damn machine!

Back