flooding ant idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
k so this has happened thre times now , it runs fine .. and then at ramdom times it just dies only at idle, and floods out , take forever to crank back ... it pulled the carb apart there isnt any trash looks spotless in there ... i think the float me be sticking , but not sure why

can too big of a pilot jet cause this??<< just an idea

also maybe i need to clean the tank , i wouldnt thin =k any trash big enought to matter would make it past the petcock screens , but i dont know whatelse could cause it to just flood out

im runnin a 47.5 pilot,150main K&Nopen box, and custom pipe

mmmmm i had an issue with this once.... did you actually take the float needle out?... mine had all kinds of fine, fine gritty stuff that was making the float needle get stuck.. (sometimes open sometimes closed)

^ yeah that could also be a problem... if the float is crushed at all it will need replaced... that comes from water being in the float bowl and then freeezing when the fourwheeler is left outside.... while you have it apart shake your float you should be able to tell if there is anything inside of it... if there is consider it junk (well i take that back... there maybe a tiny piece of solder in there that will rattle, thats ok... we are concerned with liquids)

**** if i know , im sure its the float sticking .. just unsure why yet

i was in the wood tonight and it happened again but this time once it died i let it sit .. then turned on the swicth and gas was pouring out of the top overflow hose not the bottom bowl but the top over flow all the way on top of the carb...

we finally got it out of the woods and i spitt and sputted a few time then weakly fired back up and i drove it home

im sure its the float ...but there are a few other strange things going on too ...

my reverse light comes on randomly .. mostly at idle or really low speeds

and when u take the cap off the gas tank its like a pepsi bottle PSHHHHHHHHHH

vapor lock i guess but why ...

and what the hell is up with the "R" light

hmmmm well gas coming out of the vent for the carbs means your regular overflow/ drain is clogged.... the tank vents thru the cap so therefore your hose coming from the cap must be clogged or else someone put a cap on it that isnt from a warrior.... dont know about the R light... its probably just a loose conection/ short

the hose at the bowl drain isnt clogged it drains when u lossin the screw is this the "regular overflow " ur talkin about the cap is stock . with a black silicone hose on it , i might be stopped up but i dont think it is , ill check tomorrow

well the next time you have your carb apart make not of how there is a brass tube sticking in the float bowl... when the gas gets to high it pours over into there and runs out the "drain" hose.... so if you wanna get technical the "drain" hose is also a overflow hose...... if the black drain hose isnt clogged then that brass tub in the float bowl must be? i guess.... gas should run out the over flow tube before it runs out the vent.. im not sure about that gas cap thing... there has to be something blocking the cap... i mean how else do you create a vacuum if air can get in??????

whoa whoa whoa i just thought of something!!!! if your gas tank is building PRESSURE instead of VACUUM like we assumed, then that would be a good reason why it is flooding to!.... im wondering if both of your problems arent due to your gas cap vent not venting and when the gas sloshes around it builds pressure and blows past the float needle making it flood out.....

well ,, the cap is good i took it apart and cleaned it , the vent hose on the cap has a one way valve that was backwards , (you could blw in but not out) so i swicth that

but it still flooding at idle i have the carb torn down right now the float is good it floats fine in a bowl of gas i pushed it under and held it and no leaks , the needle that holds the float looks good i cleaned it .. i cleaned everything , the brass over flow in the bowl,and all .....**** if i know ... anybodt wanna 98 warrior?
$1000 and it yours
im about tried of all the little thing going wrong

mmmmm that valve should allow air into the tank.... because as gas drains out it needs to be replaced by air or else it will vapor lock... if i were you i would just ditch that valve completely (at least until we figure your problem out)

make sure you check the needle seat too

blow carb cleaner and air thru every single little hole you can find on the carb and put it back together.... make sure the float moves freely... then i dont know what the float height is supposed to be but a good rule of thumb is, whenever you turn the carb upside down the float should be level (maybe someone else can give you a better description on how to check the float level)

glad to see you floated the float in GAS.... because you cant use water... you might already know this but ill write it for anyone else following this:

water has a higher surface tension than gas and therefore will not leak into the tiny cracks or holes like gas can

hahah, don't get discouraged man. Your throttle stick open by chance? Your float set to the right height? it doesn't get caught up on the bowl gasket or sides does it?

float height <<< i dont know , ill pull it apart AGAIN tomorrow and check i guess ill put it "level" when upside down .....

but how do u change the float height , i guess i'll figure it out tomorrow

throttle isnt stuck the carb in spotless on the inside , this so sooooooooooo gay

Back