Flat Track Mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycygrace

Reaction score
hey i was wonderin what mods i should get to make my quad flat track material i have the stuff in my sig and then really small minor parts i know i should get sway bars but i want a recomendation and a rogh estimate price plz

id say try pm'ing people like beastlywarrior228, or sidewayz, they are flat track racers from what i know, and its possible they could give you a rough estimite on what you will want based on your budget. heres what i think you should get... this is just for a budget.. flip your front and rear rims, put flush mount valve stems ont he front, get lowering blocks on the front, the one of those lowering pieces for the rear linkage, adn of course tires, but fo r those talk to people who race flat track, then your gonna need different gearing for those tires, and if your looking to do some basic engine mods, id say put a mild cam in it with a high comp piston, and then after you get that, youm might wanna look into a sway bar.

and the tires will probably be the most $$$

get that bitch low and wide, tires (even though i have yet to get some) if theres no knobby class and for the race tighten that right shock all the way

also id recommend a better exhaust :p

rear lowering: 30$
front lowerin: 30$
front tires: 100$
rear tires:200$
piston: 120-200$ based on brand
cam: 120+$ based on brand
cylinder hone 15ish$
valve stems: 10ish$
and if you wanted to:
rear wheel spacers 100$
all are without shipping or tax, and off of ebay...

about 7-800 for all this including rear spacers...

k thanks i have $300 and i just wondering how much i should save cuz half my money goes to my new truck and half my quad

just slowly mod as you go like im doing, my motor is still all stock inside and i still dont have a legit lowering kit or tires. i just use a strap and pull the back end down

take a peice of 1x1 square tube to cut and drill holes in to make the rear lowering link... you can redrill wheels off an old lawnmower so you have slicker rear tires..... front you can run a 300ex set of shox to lower it.... i got a megacycle cam i'm gonna be selling.... and i's also make sure you have a set of nerfs unless you wanna be doing some flipping when someone gets into you.... pm me if you got any questions i been flat tracking since i was 5

yeah for 300 id say just buy the front and rear lowering kits, there 30$ each on ebay, i can send a link if you want. and then the lawn tractor tires sounds like a good idea, then get a set of sprockets for the smaller tires, and nerfs are always a good idea no matter the riding type

Just my advice , but First you need a tether kill switch - PROARMER $29 , nerf bars $120 , I built my lowering kits from steel for $ 20 for both . I could make you a rear if you like but my fronts are actualy new relocated mounts that I fabbed up and welded on to the a-arms . Flip the front wheels and get some spacers - CRJ $30 ,They also sell the lowering kits . Flip the rears you dont need to space them . You want the front wider than the rear-shhhhh its a secret . Ive baught 2 sets of flattrack tires and wheels both sets were under $130 . Youll want to have a bigger rear sprocket or youll get passed coming out of corners . If you look around you can find tires and wheels cheap - used . My swaybar was the most expensive part on the quad - $170 used EBAY - $400 new . I ran 5 races with only the lowering kit and still did ok , I never finished last . Pm me if you have any ?????? Id be glad to help .

if u could make me a rear it would be totally awesome that would be sick cuz i can get tires cheap so my most expensive part would be swaybars what type of swaybar should i get? and what company tire should i get? and should i race knobby or smooth tires ive grown up drifting in my local dirt pit 80% of my time after school cuz were i am there is a smooth and knobby class thx!:)

oh and i already have a 45 tooth back srocket and a stock size front would that b ok?

That sprocket will work as long as the track isnt too big . Youll know real fast because youll be pegged in the RPM's . Generaly smooth tire classes are for more set up quads , kinda out of a warriors league but you can still compete there . If you run knobby and learn how to set up the quad for it you'd have more luck there . With knobby's you will have to carry your speed through the corners, Id only let off the gas long enough to set it up before the corner and then nail it again . You'll have to kinda drift the corner to steer , whenyou find the ballance of grip to spin ratio youll be fast . If you run knobby , try to use a ten inch rim and a 20inch tall tire -minimal roll over . How soon are you going to give this a try ? Also your 13 right? You should have some kind of junior class .

Theres a couple brands of sway bar to choose from , RATH RACING - expensive but good , and DURABLUE . Both are high quality, depends what you can find and afford .

i was already thinking about getting durablue cuz they seem really nice in everything that they make, and yeah im almost 14 and the place near me has a junior class and i need to find out when there season starts but no matter what im gonna run there even when its not the season to get alot of practice for whenever the next season starts cuz its inside and kinda small so they run almost all year except october to march 1st which is there winter break ad sideways u have a utube channel i love ur pic of u drifiting for ur profile u should make a lot of utube videos of u doin some races

im thinkin of goin in the woods near my house and goin around a spot till its like a flat track and then practice on that i have plenty of tools

thanks ill go check em out now i may not b able to go online till monday alot cuz im goin on a school field trip to D.C. im leavin in 2 hours

yep , If you go on youtube and search WARRIOR FLATTRACK RACING it'll pull DEADLAST's vid. of us . Theres two vid. from him . Im the one that won just in case you cant tell us apart .

oh, you asked about tire brands - AMERICAN RACERS 18x10x10 rear and 18x6 front compound sd23 there the soft ones. HOOSIER makes them to but I like the american racers . Oh also , they only sell them for 10 inch rims . The DOUGLAS .125 are cheap and light . But Id look for some deep ofset rims however you go about it .

Back