FLAMES!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshwfl

Reaction score
98 Warrior, just put in a brand new RM stator and cdi. Now it starts as soon as I hit the button and idles perfect, but pops and backfires as soon as I hit the gas. It also shoots 4" flames out the exhaust. (Yosh)
It's not the carb as I cleaned it and float is adjusted properly, I also checked and reset the valves/timing.

Did you check the parking brake sensor? That'll make it pop and carry on when you get on the throttle if it's stuck.

The 2 wires coming form the clutch area? I crossed them and it made no difference.

The parking brake sensor is the one that makes contact with the parking brake mechanism, not the clutch lever. If you follow the wiring down under the hood it will have a single plastic connector, disconnecting that will bypass the sensor and eliminate that as a possible problem.

When I bought it the hood was missing and the wiring was cut under the hood. I think it's just the lighting wires, but I'm not sure. I have it rewired so the on/off start switch works. After the single connector does it go to the cdi so I can try and trace it?

It probably does go to the CDI, i'm not sure though because I never paid any attention to it.

Just to clarify, it's a single plastic connector, but with 2 wires from the switch/sensor to the cdi.

Yup, unplugged it today, now it runs like a new bike. Thanks man!

Back