First ride report

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutchfam

Reaction score
We finally got a break in the weather so I took the warrior out for the first ride. Abnormal conditions for our area. Rain, Mud, flash floods, and more rain. I wish I would have brought a ziplock so i could have taken my camera with. I could have had some great pics. Overall it was a great 30 mile ride. I definitely need to put some work into the quad though. I'm 6'2" 240 so it was pretty sluggish from 1/2 to full throttle. Ill go down a tooth in the front and see where im at then. Suspension needs much love. Way to soft for me. I couldn't tell you how many times I bottomed out. I'm going to start with the 01 660 rear and hope that does the trick for the rear. Not to sure what I'm going to do with the front yet. I've heard banshee, but I've rode several banshees and wasn't impressed with the suspension. I also need to invest in bar risers of some sort if they make them. It was extremely uncomfortable standing. If you guys can think of anything to help out, let me know. Here are a few pics when we got back to the truck.

ROX risers makes some A++ quality risers, they have blocks or pivot risers to fit the riders comfort. When you get ready to buy make sure your cables will be long enough for the rise of the bars, I had to go with +2 streamlines on mine but in the end it worked out good because of the A arms Im getting. Good looking warrior man!!!

ROX risers makes some A++ quality risers, they have blocks or pivot risers to fit the riders comfort. When you get ready to buy make sure your cables will be long enough for the rise of the bars, I had to go with +2 streamlines on mine but in the end it worked out good because of the A arms Im getting. Good looking warrior man!!!

Sweet, I'll look into them. Thanks!

I'm running a stock rear and banshees on the front, and I'm 6'3" and 260 lbs
You won't regret the banshee fronts for stock a-arms. You cannot run 660 front shocks without upgrading the front a-arms

I'm running a stock rear and banshees on the front, and I'm 6'3" and 260 lbs
You won't regret the banshee fronts for stock a-arms. You cannot run 660 front shocks without upgrading the front a-arms

Yea you can I ran them for a long time banshee suck and I had no problems what so ever. Just like I was told yfz 450x shocks wouldnt on my +2 they do.. Im 6'5" and heavier than you guys hutch u dont want banshees! Your stock are stiffer than them..

You can run 660s but your balljoints will get alot of stress from the hyper extension and it will cause early failure

I feel sorry for you bro, you have no idea how much money you're about to spend. I've finally got my Warrior in a good place, suspension, power, looks, etc. I'll be making payments to the wife for the next two years! One mod demands another, it's the wicked truth so go ahead and break out atleast $1500 just to get started!

Back