Finished my motor build few questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzdude250f

Reaction score
I finished my motor build yesterday, weisco high compression piston,new valves, aftermarket springs, cam port work oil cooled,etc. I also did the raptor clutch arm mod, direct shifter, clamp on filter adapter, The issues im having are the bike seems lean? im unsure it will only idle on choke and its a high idle you can back the idle screw down and its still high (on choke), with choke off it stalls(with the idle all the way up) but if you hold the throttle you can get an rpm near idle but once you let off it dies, im a jetting newbie so any advice will help out, also i cant seem to get the clutch adjusted just right any-tips would help me out it grabs decent but acts as if its still engaged some and slips if you hit the gas hard, maybe its just wore out im not sure i believe it to be an adjustment issue though.

some pictures for you guys
1010512.jpg

after
1010593e.jpg

few motor pics before and after.
1010521m.jpg

1010517.jpg

1010588.jpg

1010585e.jpg

1010590.jpg

1010587.jpg

1010592.jpg

old junk piston
1010515.jpg

Last edited:
As far as jets im unsure i pulled the bowl to fix the stuck accelerator pump plunger,i would assume it was rejetted because the bike was pretty molested when i got it. so i want to rebuild the carb to stock specs and maybe go from there so i have a baseline. Also i noticed while the bowl was off....excuse my lack of terminology but the plastic dish that goes around the main jet was missing is that needed? I read somewhere of people taking that off when they rejet.Lastly tips to reach the air fuel screw while the carb on the quad i may have to buy one of those tiny thumb screw drivers for carbs, or take it off and set to factory spec and go from there.

The plastic peice isn't needed it restrics fuel flow of major hoped up motors check jet sizes and go from there id say a 150 main and a 45 pilot would be a good base line

well if jets are stock it's lean, I see the exhuast on it. I use a shorty flathead for the air screw while it's on the quad, it's a pain but can be done. Also I don't have the plastic bowl around my main jet and it's never caused me any problems.

Ok thanks guys thanks for the help!! Any advice on the clutch adjustment. And its good to know the plastic piece is not needed.

you guys ready to laugh, the intake manifold boot between the head and carb has a vertical tear an inch long that would most likely be a big issue causing it to run lean.

you guys ready to laugh, the intake manifold boot between the head and carb has a vertical tear an inch long that would most likely be a big issue causing it to run lean.

lol yup that would do it!

mine also was like that and i had to order a new one off ebay.

back off all your clutch adjustments and start from there.

after the raptor clutch mod you will need to adjust it. (Cable)

Yeah that would have F'ed things up if i didn't find it right away. Im sure i still need to work with jetting some, And i just backed all my adjustments out and started from scratch seems to have a better feel in the lever and i have free play now, i dont want to run it untill i get a new boot so i will just assume the clutch is adjusted better .

yeah oil cooler works great too seems to stay fairly cool from what i can tell

yea don't run it without a new intake boot it will run waaaaay lean and you'll burn up that purdy new piston

Back