FINALLY STARTING THE PROJECT

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ksuperglide

Reaction score
as many of you know i have been planing to do the 440 big bore kit along with quitea few other things on a warrior as a senior project. well i found a 1989 rolling frame and a motor (seperate) that i will be getting in the next few days for $125. so here i go on starting it. i will post up pics along the whole way and am sure i will have many questions for all you experts on here. i am excited about starting and doing this project. and especially the finished project. as long as i keep the money comming in good and stay steady on it. i hope to be able to be considered one of the "Elite" come next spring when im done.
again thanks for all the help you've already gave me and the ,much more to come. ;D

Good luck with this........... and holler with all the questions don't be afraid to ask, a lota good people on here to help ya out.

do it dude. as long as you do all the paper work and **** youll get a fine grade AND im sure anyone would enjoy the end result.

in my school you HAVE to do it in order to graduate. but it is focused on in english class

it can be anything within reason. it has to take at least 25 hours. and there are deadlines to meet and write a small paper and present the finished product. and im going to take before and middle pictures and then bring it to school when i present. i even get to ride it arround in the school parking lot "as part of my demonstration" ;).

Its way harder then you think to do a project quad from the ground up. Ive been doing mine for 4 months and its still not done. Its just the constant ordering of new and different parts that you eather find brokend or you didnt know about. It suck but i would say its well worth it. Mines coming along pritty well its almost done im just waiting on 5 parts to come in then i can put my engine on and its basicly done from that.

Heres my start:
new0.jpg

When i put my other engine in it and put some mods on:
handguard2.jpg

As of now:
halfdonefrontleft.jpg

I know its not great to look at now but theres a bunch of mods on it just how it is and when its done it will have much more.

yeah i have from now till may 7th to complete it. and its just a rolling frame with a seperate motor that im gna rebuild anyways so im mosly gna buy alota used **** off ebay and a couple new things that are for looks/performance.

okay now im kinda upset my school wont let me do a atv as a senior project so ima have to do something else for the project. BUT im still doing the warrior as my own project :) going to get the frame and motor tommorow after i get paid and off work. and since i have no rules or regulations or deadlines im going to take my time and do it EXACTLY the way i want. i will post up picks of the start of the project tommorow probably. and start messing with it as soon as i get it. i am assuming and ready for this project to take a while and i wont care if its not done by this summer. ima make it fast, fun to ride, and to suite me. im also going into the good looks department also.

alright. i went and bought the bike at about 6pm and by 9pm i had it a bare frame ready for sandblasting and paint prep. ill let yall know of the progress as it continues.

question!!! how much is the painting for the frame?? your powercoating it right?
i do it on my own with some glossy/metallic spray paint you can get from anywhere. i get it from walmart. i have painted many peoples fourwheelers frames before and it works just great. after all, your not making any designs, your just painting it a color.

Back