finally got her fixed and now she is broke again

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

americanmuscle

Reaction score
ok you guys so i finally got my warrior running and went for a ride. amazing ride down some railroad tracks and some wood trails. then i went to ride today after a week from the last time i went and rode and it had a hard time cranking. well i take it to a friends house and we check the oil and gas and come to find out i had almost a gallon of gas in my oil!!!!!!!! so we drain it and fill it back up and ride her around. now i have no clue how all that gas got into my oil. my question for you guys is should i rebuild the hole engine. or what. im really down right now have had a tough week and then this happens. so what should i do?

the only thing i can think of is that your float was sticking in the carb and flooded it, over time of sitting it leaked past the rings. thats the only way i can think of gas getting down in there

thats wat my friends dad thought to. but i had little bits of aluminum in my oil when we drained it??? bits of starter perhaps. how much would it cost to replace the clutch? because it was slipping in and out of gear like crazy.

If the clutch is slipping you can add another clutch steel and get some more life out of it. I forget how much 1 extra steel costs but it is not much.

this is pretty bad slipping. i dont think an extra plate will help. like when im riding it feels like i only have three gears. 1st 2nd and 6th. all the others just feel like they are the same gear.

so whats a good clutch to buy???? are they semi easy to install by myself?

Get an EBC clutch kit and ya its pretty easy to do if you just a little bit mechanically inclined.

yeah sounds like the float and when u turn it over does it have a heavy clunk cuz mine did that and there as alum in my oil cuz the dawg was bent in the engine and was hittin the wall of the stator and chippin off aluminum and somehow got in my oil and i had to fix it

yea mine had some aluminum in the oil too. i thought it was from the startor. wat did u say it was from?

the dawg ( a little lever) was rubbing the wall off the stator and chipping off aluminum into the oil somehow

i bought a new one off cheapcycleparts.com they have a diagram u look at online and scroll down the list for that number then u call and ask to order that number

a new wat? dawg or startor? sorry ima little confused just got off a long shift at work and my head isnt clear haha. im trying to get this thing right for this weekend because my buddies are planning a ridding trip

ok got the oil/gas problem fixed now im still just stuck with the whole it wont start thing. i tryed to short out the solenoid but i had no luck and im pretty sure i was doing it right. any other ideas?

Positive cable on the bolt that sticks out of the starter where the cable attaches, and the negative on a good ground (i used the engine as my ground)

Back