FINALLY DONE!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbthreat

Reaction score
Well, it's official...my Warrior is finished! ;D Clutch is configured, everything is painted, edelbrock installed and tuned, air box in, and front arms aligned. Took it for a spin around the neighborhood, and it's a whole new quad. Taking it out to Pismo next week to officially get back into riding. After five months I finally GET TO GO RIDING!! :D

omg omg omg....i think im more excited then you ;D. I love your warrior. Post some pics please. Tell me how those arms work out too, just so i know what im missing out on :(. Also i feal your pain, 5 months, wow i almost had 6 when i got my first warrior.

Mine is now riped apart into a million peices, i finaly started that rebuild of that other warrior so i could sell it and get money to finish mine ;D. Im soo excited but its taking way too long, looks like another long time till i ride again on my warrior :'(

Thanks guys. Just from my short spin around, the thing responds better, has more guts, and feels a lot better. I am kinda glad I wrecked it now. At the time I had been contemplating selling it, and I was happy with its performance as it was. Well, after it went over the edge, there was no turning back. Couldn't sell it and get anything for it, so I figured I might as well rebuild the way I wanted to. Glad I did. :) I can't wait to put it through the paces now.

This is a before pic, after I had it for a year.
IM000229.jpg

Everyone already saw the progress and near completion, so here it is completed.
100_0656.jpg

100_0657.jpg

100_0659.jpg

Edelbrock carb. Well worth the money and I recommend it over the stock carb anyday.
100_0658.jpg

I can't thank the guys on this forum enough for all their help answering my stupid questions and selling parts to me help rebuild it (you all know who you are). I still owe a few of my buddies beer for helping me out on this project.

Thanks guys!

I really like it because I've always thought the warrior looked more like a baja racer then an mx'er and you just made it look that much better. big thumbs up

dude.i love your clutch cover.. and my bumper came today. just like yours..bought it from quadz4life
Thanks. I used high temp paint on the cover. I know its going to get rubbed off; might find a more durable paint to replace it. Still it looks good, I think. As for the bumper, I think you're going to love it. PRM is awesome, and will withstand a ton of abuse.

I really like it because I've always thought the warrior looked more like a baja racer then an mx'er and you just made it look that much better. big thumbs up
Me too. I hope to do that someday on a Warrior, or at least get into desert racing. I'll need some motor work before that point; and maybe a little talent ;).

dude, i love it, wanna trade? ;D
For your 250r? lol Might be able to work something out. Jeez sell your Warrior, buy a Honda, and now you want a Warrior again. I tell ya.... :D Just messin. Thanks for the compliment.

Make sure to put some pics of your warrior into the warrior pics thread in the image and pics section
Plan to do that. I'll need to get some pics of it with the sand paddles, and maybe some action shots.

Dave76: Thanks for the compliment. Means a lot given you own one of the nicest Warriors on this site.

Yesterday at 7:01pm, jasonp wrote:I really like it because I've always thought the warrior looked more like a baja racer then an mx'er and you just made it look that much better. big thumbs up

Me too. I hope to do that someday on a Warrior, or at least get into desert racing. I'll need some motor work before that point; and maybe a little talent .

A warrior would over heat in a desert race wouldnt it?

Yesterday at 7:01pm, jasonp wrote:I really like it because I've always thought the warrior looked more like a baja racer then an mx'er and you just made it look that much better. big thumbs up

Me too. I hope to do that someday on a Warrior, or at least get into desert racing. I'll need some motor work before that point; and maybe a little talent .

A warrior would over heat in a desert race wouldnt it?

Out here, desert races are run during the winter (October to March) because the temp is cooler. It ranges from freezing temperatures to 90 degrees, which is not bad considering what its like during the summer and spring. A Warrior should be just fine. Take for example the 400ex which was used to race in Baja for years. Its an air/oil cooled design w/ a POS oil cooler, and is well known for its reliability in desert racing. Liquid cooled bikes are just the newest thing on the scene. During winter desert races it will be no problem; summer would be freakin nuts.

Back