Finally bought a Warrior!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash688

Reaction score
Hey,

I am new to the site, and am a new warrior owner, i always had a suzuki lt230s, and my dad always had the grizzly, but heres my new warrior, let me know what u think.

ps. no negative feedback, i just bought the damn thing, let the newness wear off, all inperfections u can see from the pictures i already know about and am trying to ignore!!lol.
IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

He man Nice Bike what do you have planed for upgrades? Also try doing your wheelies with ur left foot on the grab bar.. Because we all know the back break is our friend

ya, i just so happened during the pic i had my foot the other way cuz i was changing up gears, as for upgrades, it already came with white brothers exhaust, wiseco 10:25 high compression piston, hot cam, K&N filter and jet kit, obviously the razr tires, x-ring chaig(i think it was called that), newer sprockets. and thats about all it has so far, i was considering oil cooler/very probably oil temp guage, because i ride very mixed situations, some pits, and sometimes im crawing through mud and slow trails, and the warrior dosent even have a dummy light incase it gets to hot.

One thing is when i boiught it, i have noticed that full throttle dosent seem to wanna do much, but after reading the carb jetting guide i believe i gotta come down a few sizes because it is getting to much fuel.

and, how much chain slack do you usually ride with, it seriously has 2 inches of play and the guy i bought if off of said it has to be loose like that.

thanks let me know

He man Nice Bike what do you have planed for upgrades? Also try doing your wheelies with ur left foot on the grab bar.. Because we all know the back break is our friend
I don't have a back break, Balance is my friend.....Nice quad man, look good. Mike

Nice quad... The chain is really only supposed to have 1/2''- 1'' of free play... or atleast thats the way i was brought up... 2'' is was to much i think thats how you snap ur chain...

lovin that graphics kit, cut ure front fenders and get a nice set of nerfs and that'll be nasty. Ure chain should have about an inch or so of slack so yea 2 inches is a little much... oil cooler would be a very good investment with ure mods

2" is way too much, it'll wear out the chain and sprockets quicker, and if it jumps the sprockets you could crack the engine case which sucks. I adjust mine for about 3/4" total slack, then when it gets to about 1-1/4" I tighten it up a little.

Nice ride man, where abouts in ontario do you live? My brother has been looking for a long time for a 230 if you were thinking about selling yours.

Nice warrior.I just got a lt230 for my son-what do I need to know about it?Any upgrades available?Its a 86,thanks JC

I like the graphics kit, and the seat cover a lot.

PS in the 3rd picture down, you have a bullet hole in the plastics. haha

Welcome to the site...

Nice warrior and HPI Savage man. I use to Have the savage with a 24.7 nitro engine in it. That was back when the .26 engine just came out. But the I sold her for me new love in ATV's. I do miss the old Savage though.

those graphics are sick, good luck with it and congradulations, that is a great pipe(i have one too)...IT HAS POTENTIAL (however you spell it)

well thanks, im hoping i made a good investment...i am in gta area, to be exact is kind of difficult, the bike is usually parked at my parents house in whitby or at my trailer in buckhorn, but i live in toronto,and i work in brampton, so im all over the place, as for selling it, i am just putting new balljoints in it right now. by the way, 90 bucks for a balljoin from suzuki, 14.99 for a tierod end off a 1989 chrysler lazer( i think it was), is 14.99, and they are almost identical, requires one weld for modification, i will take pics to show everyone the change. As for knowledge on it......it is an amazing bike, i really dont wanna sell it just because it has been the most reliable bike ever, it always started and everything, but i invested over 2 grand into it...hard to tell by the pic but it has just about everything.

and thanks for the info on the chain, i knew it was way to loose.....im pretty sure i could feel it skip under lots of pressure, iw as just worried about when the suspension is preloaded i was told it takes up like 2 inches of the chain slack, so if u tighten it and go off a jump it will snap something.

Back