Fast vibration feeling at idle sometimes?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeVW

Reaction score
I've got a 2003 Warrior I just picked up a few months ago, it sometimes will have a fast light vibration when sitting at idle.

Pulling the clutch doesn't change it, selecting a gear with the clutch pulled doesn't change it, but giving a little throttle does. I can be in or out of gear and it will do it, though I seem to recall noticing it most when out of gear.

The times it has done it the engine was hot, we had been riding a bit before I noticed it.

It isn't a heavy vibration it is light, like a small weight is being spun quickly... not a slow lobbing vibration, it is faster and lighter.

No noise with it that I can tell, at most maybe a very faint whirring, but you can feel it no problem.

It comes and goes as well... we rode 7 hours yesterday and it did it to me maybe twice when stopping on the trails.

I ended up punching a new hole in my front tire sidewall and the oil dipstick backed out half-turn and allowed oil to run out which made the clutch start slipping, but the vibration I had noticed the week before so it was prior to my low-oil situation. The oil never got below the min. mark anyway... the slipping clutch and flat tire I can sort out, the fast vibration at idle has me concerned.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!:tup:

Back