Extended A arms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of those kits on mine but the camber was way off. I ended up getting full flights. Way better. Still got the kit but don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll post it on E-bay.

the reson i bought Full Flight arms is becuase i was in some hard trails and i ripped a ball joint out of my lower control arm. not becuase of the kit but what i believe is a old weak joint.

Yeah, the stock arms suck ass. Especially the toothpick like uppers.

i have bought two sets of the Diamond J +2 arm extenions, one for my qaud and one for my sons. i thought the kit was a good kit the only thing you have too keep a eye on is the bolts looing up after the first one to two rides. we go to a OVR park which has some pretty intense trails (Bundy Hill). the reson i bought Full Flight arms is becuase i was in some hard trails and i ripped a ball joint out of my lower control arm. not becuase of the kit but what i believe is a old weak joint. the shocks where a grest detail softer with the diamond j kit. and alfter riding hard for about 8 hours we arn't beat to hell from the stiff front shocks. it is a good option for someone on a budget and my son still runs the diamond j set and i will be installing my kit on the wifes warrior after the rebuild.

Bundy hill you say? Love that place!

I had one of those kits on mine but the camber was way off. I ended up getting full flights. Way better. Still got the kit but don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll post it on E-bay.

yes the camber is way off for sure but i though the kit was pretty good and like i said i will use mine again. but the if you have the money the full flight is the way to go for sure.

Ok, lets change it a little, (instead of opening a new thread)... What's the best bang for the buck (but not going to make me broke) for aftermarket A arms? NOT extended. Tops / bottoms.

did you buy the full flight?

I build my own because you cannot get arms for the 87-88 warriors. I've made a set of uppers, did that back in the summer after a stock upper folded on my. That was to only make a stock length arm. This time I'm making +2s.

Ok, lets change it a little, (instead of opening a new thread)... What's the best bang for the buck (but not going to make me broke) for aftermarket A arms? NOT extended. Tops / bottoms.

So you want a stock length aftermarket arm? No one makes em to my knowledge. An order could be placed for them, but it just makes more sense to get the +2s.

Not trying to get off topic here, but my frame is a bit bent and my wheels have quite a bit of positive camber, I previously thought that I would have to strip down to the frame and figure out how to straighten it, but I read the description for some full flight A-Arms on ebay...

THEY WORK REALLY WELL FOR THAT FRAME THAT HAS BEEN BENT OR TWEEKED A BIT FROM AN ACCIDENT, ALLOWING YOU TO COMPENSATE FOR THE ERRORS AND MISALIGNMENT OF THE FRAME BY GIVING YOU 12 POINTS TO WORK WITH.

Does this mean that all I really need is a set of aftermarket A-Arms and once I get 'em adjusted, the slight frame twisting won't matter anymore?

it will matter but not as much as you can compensate for the twisting by adjusting your heims which will adjust the camber.

it will matter but not as much as you can compensate for the twisting by adjusting your heims which will adjust the camber.

Gotcha. I'll take a pic tomorrow of my front wheels and get your guys' opinion on how bad the camber is.

Aftermarket arms will corect it. They just need to have adjustable ball joints (heim style) to adjust the camber. Arms with heim joints for the mounts will offer up another 8 points of alignment adjustment. Not hard to figure out.

To make it easier for people to understand, you adjust caster FIRST, camber 2nd, and toe last. I can get into it further, but at work right now.

Latest posts

Back