Extended a-arms for 87?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope not that i know of ive tried everybody almost half to make a set oyur self or send some one yours and have them make a set im starting to make a set soon when i get my welder back off the work truck

no im saving them as a back up plus if i break them i will have a set plus they are hard as hell to come buy on ebay and everywhere if you do cut them and weld then it will not be bight and rigid so i am gona use the set of arimdilo set i have im gona take some parts off them and machine the rest for the balljoints and the tube the balljoints come in the rest i willl fab from scrap metal at the metel shop they will give me most of them and i will take them to i guy i know who welds for living and barder with him to weld them if i fix his truck's for him plan to start drawings for them this week and post them up on the sight also when you do make them you half to make breaklines whick i can do i have parts from in the work truck and tyerods and ends hole bunch of stuff. gona be a while but well worth it in the long run i will be 4in from stock warrior 90and up beacouse the 87 is already 2inches wider stock than 88and up so it will look cool when i get them started ill post picks of the process maby be done here by the end of febuary

Why won't any aftermarket a-arms work, I assume frame mounts are different, but I do not know for sure. I was thinking wheel spacers, but I'm not too sure about that idea either.

Why won't any aftermarket a-arms work, I assume frame mounts are different, but I do not know for sure. I was thinking wheel spacers, but I'm not too sure about that idea either.

Flipping your stock wheels or getting offset wheels is a better way of widening than wheels spacers IMO. With wheel spacers you have 8 bolts that could possibly break instead of 4 without wheel spacers. Offset wheels will cost you a little more than wheel spacers, but they will be stronger than your stock wheels, and will look better too.

It's also possible to flip your stock wheels (that's how I widened mine). For the front wheels you need to modify your valve stem location, which I explained in this thread: http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=quadrelated&action=display&thread=1138059446

It's not as good as having extended a-arms, but it's definitely an improvement over stock.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about spacers. I just didn't seem like a great idea, but **** ther're cheap. If it's seriously just the frame mounts and balljoints, why not just fabricate new mounts and buy used spindles off a newer one.

Well at anyrate I was looking at my Clymers manuel and from what i could tell 1988 on up should be all the same. I also called asr and they said it was balljoints and shock mount, that's it. he said like a ten minute fix for shock mount. 1987 your fucked.

Back