Exhaust questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1987yamaha

Reaction score
I have a question. I have a 1987 warrior and I want to put an aftermarket slip on exhaust on what is the best brand and model and why. I'm leaning toward the yoshimura RS 3 or the FMF powercore 4 I don't want it to loud because I do a lot of trail riding and I don't want to be bothered by the cops any in put will help me choosing thanks

Your gonna get a lot of mixed opinions, Well heres mine, I would go with the Yoshi, they are quite on a 350 and look good, But budget has a lot to play with exhaust, how much do you plan to spend? Big Gun, Yoshi, HMF, FMF, Procircuit, DG, Cobra, Whitebro's, DMC. So many to choose from. A fellow member has a HMF for sale in the for sale section you might want to check it out bofore buying new

most everyone has their opinions and their reasons. most of the HMF pipes are louder than others but other than that it's all personal preference.

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

I love my HMF's have never had any problems with the cops or DNR wardens but then again Barron county is ATV friendly. But I also love the way the Yoshi sounded on my Z400 really Deep low tone with a lot of bark when ya got on it but thats on a 400 too much more mellow on the 350.
the HMF can be toned down some with the different quiet cores available for them
but I think all in all the Yoshi would be your best choice for a more mellow non disturbing tone

I have a HMF and get nothing but complaints, just depends on how laid back people are where ya from.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I have a HMF and get nothing but complaints, just depends on how laid back people are where ya from.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I've got a white bros MX4 and it's beyond loud, don't think they make it anymore though

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

I have the fmf on my bike it sounds good. It was on the bike when I got it so not sure how long it's been on there may need repack. Only complaints is it sticks out the rear fenders to far for my likening looks odd.

Does FMF still make its quiet series? I had n HMF and it was way loud. Neighbor has a white bros e series and it will make you deaf if you ride behind him and he has all the plates screwed on it.

Okay just looked and FMF makes a Q4 slip on. Its suppose to be quieter than the powercore 4 with the same performance.

Last edited:
My 2 cents--- I bought the DG rcm2 because it was cheap & a slight upgrade from stock; which is what I wanted. Nothing too loud. Well the pipe makes my quad sound like a chopper. Its loud and beastly. I love the sound but unfortunately its a bit too loud. I didnt add the quiet inserts though. I gotta buy em- pipe didn't come with em. But still not as loud as White Bros.

Well thank you everybody for the input I think I'm going with the yoshi I have had a dozen people tell me it sounds good and it's not super loud ill post a picture of the fourwheeler when I'm done with the restoration/ rebuild

I have a DG "O" series on mine, and I think it has the perfect "pitch". I put the steel RCM2 on my bid's Warrior and it is definitely louder then mine.

I run a gytr that's been shortened 2 inches... You want loud, you should hear walle in person. I have a buddy with a quiet core DG with the cores removed and walle will make his sound quiet. Folks around here are real lax on sound as long as its not late.

I run a 2006 Yamaha raptor 700 exhaust on mine extremely loud though

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Back