Exhaust for built motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttwarrior78

Reaction score
I have a white brothers e-serieson it now, but I am selling it. So when I get the 460 kit put in I want to get the best exhaust I can get. I want to know which pipe will make the most power with a built motor ( price does not matter). And also what do you guys think about custom pipes. My friend has a 99 warrior and he has two pipes he is making- He took a curtis sparks exhaust muffler off of a Honda 450r and shortened it up to fit and a TCracingengines yfz450(shorty muffler) and welded them each to a warrior fmf midpipe. They both are louder than any pipe on a warrior I have heard, but would they make more power than a pipe made for a warrior, and he said he would sell either one for $200. Thanks in advance.

I would probly go with the yoshi or a big gun.. those are the two best exhaust i have had...

A custom made exhaust can go either way. You're taking a chance with it. When a good exhaust manufacturer designs a system they take into consideration the different characteristics of the machine, and design them to focus the power gain in a specific section of the rpm curve. With something that's pieced together from parts for other machines you don't know what you're going to get, but chances are it won't be as good as most you can buy because there wasn't any research put into it.

Well I have also been talking to guys at tcracingengines.com, and they might fab me up a slip-on with their shorty pipe like the 450r, yfz450, and 300ex. I know that these pipes absolutly rip and sound awesome.... For those who read Dirt Wheels, there was one published a few months ago that had a section on the Exteme Dirt Track Series, and there was a small part about a kid that I race with, Wyatt Gahn on the silver 300ex, out of Branson, Missouri that has a TC racing motor and pipe and that is byfar, the fastest 300ex I have ever seen. I've seen him smoke 400's and 450's on that 300ex.

Between the yosh full system, big gun evo x full system, and the hmf slip-on, which will give the most power. and how loud are the yosh and big gun

Yosh and the big gun are the more quieter pipes for the warrior.

However i liked big guns older systems alot better than this EVOx thing.

I would go with the Yosh, unless you can find an older style big gun full system which most likely wont happen.

I say get a pipe that has tuneable discs, most all engine builders recomend, e-series,alba/supertrapp, or the megamax. Just because its 500 dollar slip on doesnt mean its the best, get one with discs and you can set it up to match your machine and where you want your power.

I have an HMF on my yfz and it is LOUD even with the quiet core it still pulls 101db. My warrior runs the factory yfz pipe modified to fit and is factory quiet, before that I had a DG and it was loud and did not pull as good as the yfz pipe. If I were to buy a new pipe it would be YOSHI all the way. They are quiet and work very well, I race with a couple of guys using them on there bored and stroked warriors and they sound good and work. I would be cautious about a custom built pipe as there is a lot of engineering and R&D put into a pipe to make it work better than stock. Powroll recomends the white bros and the supertrapp

Back