Exhaust Comparison

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it's the carb design, the accelerator pump design sucks IMO. You could go edel or pretty much any round slide (CV) carb, the one off the suzuki z400 or raptor 350 should work well in theory.

okay, I've been wanting a pipe forever, this thread was pretty much started because of me.

the HMF is probably my top choice, it's just I don't ride much so I don't think it's worth it.

what do you have to go through to put the pipe on?

take stocker off, put new one on, (clamp on? bolt on?) then fool around with the carb with the jets?

my dad knows a guy who works on motirized stuff, hes rebuilding our go-cart right now. maybe he could do it to save us the headache and the chance of my dad screwing something up (because he wouldn't let me do it)

is it a pretty simple job?
The HMF will be fine for a stocker or even a modified 350. I like the Yosh because of the bigger motor, the can is longer so it is quieter and it helps torque better in the upper rpm range were the HMF can't. I have'nt tryed it yet though so I don't know.

Getting a Yoshi with a shorted can soon, hopefully it'll make a noticeable difference in power and sound from my Supertrapp.

I ended up with a Hindle system, All Ti muffler, SS pipes...

hindle2.jpg

i have th dg pipe and a s.s. header didnt like the the way the other one fit together but as far as sound its loud as hell but have never had ne thing to compair it to so theres that......

Ok.. one that I have yet to see mentioned- how about the Supertrapp???? I know on Powroll's site they used to recommend the old style Supertrapp and now it says the IDS2 series which is newer and replaced the old system they had... Any thoughts on either the older system or the newer one?

Out of all of the pipes out there, which one makes the LEAST noice. Im looking for a quiet pipe (and dont anyone reply with "keep the stocker") I want it louder than that but fairly quiet.

Out of all of the pipes out there, which one makes the LEAST noice. Im looking for a quiet pipe (and dont anyone reply with "keep the stocker") I want it louder than that but fairly quiet.

Most of them that have an optional quiet core insert aren't too loud with the insert. The yoshimura is probably one of the quieter ones with the quiet core installed, and the FMF powercore 4 isn't much louder than the stock one and that doesn't even have a quiet core in it. I'd definitely go with the yoshimura over any fmf stuff though.

Thank for the info! Anyone have a sound clip of a yosh? Only reason i even want to swap the stocker out is cuz its rusted. Also, does anyone think the stock exhaust on the warrior is the most hideous looking thing? I wish the stock raptor 350 exhaust would fit on the warrior! (it doesnt fit right?)

Thank for the info! Anyone have a sound clip of a yosh? Only reason i even want to swap the stocker out is cuz its rusted. Also, does anyone think the stock exhaust on the warrior is the most hideous looking thing? I wish the stock raptor 350 exhaust would fit on the warrior! (it doesnt fit right?)

I could get a sound clip of mine the next time I ride, or ask Yeoldtymewarrior, he has a few.

Mine (used to be his) is shortened though, but I don't think that changes the sound much. It's really deep at low revs and doesn't get whiny/buzzy up top like my old supertrapp did.

EDIT: Just found 3 clips from the PM's.
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/warriorrider88/warrior/?action=view&current=startup2.flv
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2328311
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2328343

Shortening the exhaust does change the sound A LOT. A standard yosh probably doesn't even sound close to yours. I bet it's about half as loud and not as deep and raspy sounding either.

What about Big Gun? lol

I've enjoyed mine thus far, with a good gain across the spectrum, particularly the mid to top end where the warrior is a little lacking.

It seems like HMF is pretty popular, i was wandering what slip on would give me the deepest loudest barking lol although i dont want to spend a whole lot, cheap isnt my first priority with the pipe

When I put the HMF on my quad the difference in sound is big, the HMF is louder in all three places idle mid, and topend is crazy loud. The Yosh actually makes my 446 sound mellow. It's definitly not very loud at idle.

That's good to know, has anyone ordered an hmf from the dealer for a warrior, for some reason the guy i was talking to couldnt get me one for a warrior and basically told me to get it somewhere else so im pretty sure he was just too lazy to do anything for me

Back